Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015?

Default 2015?

My hard drive crashed with Net Objects Fusion 10. I am the registered user. I cannot upgrade to 15 unless there is an installed version on my computer. The files are there but Windows, of course, doesn't recognize it as a program. I cannot use my Net Objects 10 install without the serial number. My serial numbers text files are no recoverable. I can no longer find any aspect of customer support that would allow me to recover my password. Any help out there?
    Gary Wilkes

You can still upgrade to 2015. The installer will ask for your Netobjects 11 serial number when you install.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    You can still upgrade to 2015. The installer will ask for your Netobjects 11 serial number when you install.
    I don't think you understand. I no longer have the serial number to netobjects 10. In the old days I would have logged on to the support area and retrieved it. Retrieving a serial number is such a common and easy thing with other net-based companies. It makes me skeptical that I should actually get 15.

I have a similar problem. I want to upgrade and have version 9 on my computer but I entered my old password and email which nof does not recognize. My website is quite large and I want to know if I can copy section by section of the old version to the nof 15. Recently I have gotten an error message that when posting to my web site the message says Can not connect to the internet. I send and receive email, navigate the internet and everything else works great . I am using windows XP.

So part of my question would be can I download nof 15 and will it connect to the internet. Assuming I can get nof 9 working again, can I upload to nof 15 from the nof 9?

part II
    I see that a disk is availabe for nof 15. When I purchase that, can I put the program on two other computers that I own. Both lap tops.

Thanks

Do not move a site but opening the .nod file in the new version. There is a defined procedure for moving sites. In the old site create a template by going to Site View and then File>Export as Template>Entire Site. This will create a zip file with all the html pages and assets included. Then in the new version, File>New Site>New Site from Template. Give the site a new name (this is only for the nod, not for the site itself; it won't change site Title, etc) and OK to create the new site. This has been the approved method for moving a site since 1996 when NO first came out.

If you need a serial number which entitles to an upgrade you can download NOF essentials, the serial number can be used as a basis for the upgrade version

Have you settled your problem? I have same if you have serial No. then can you share with me or I need different serial number.

same here Mands 1987 ............like you.

Mands and Scarlett,

If all you need is a serial number to perform the upgrade, see Barbara's post immediately above yours.

The problem you will encounter is migrating your old NOF .NOD files to the 2015 without the version installed that was used to create them. Unless you had previously backed them up as a "template", that is.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Default Mindlessness

If I buy 2015 but cannot prove my ownership of NO 10, it's a problem Why is there no access to my old account? Is that going to be the norm for the future? There is no direct link to customer support. Do I want to continue with something that has decreased customer contact?

And then there is the problem of taking my existing website and upgrading it to 2015. I cannot load 10. I cannot save the website as a template. I cannot load it in 2015. It's dead because I cannot retrieve my serial number from my registered copy of NOF 10. THAT is the problem. A really interested company might actually either look up my claim of owning a registered copy and give me a serial number that would allow me to reinstall 10 so that I can make a template and load my site into 2015. Apparently that isn't part of the company's policy. Why would I sign on again (this would be the third iteration of NOF in my life) if I can't get help making the transition? It would be logical to chuck my customer loyalty and go find someone with better support policies.