Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015?

Creating a new site in a new version using a template exported from a previous version is recommended, but not required.

It's simple to make a new site using a previous version nod, by opening the nod and choosing to make a copy in the new version. Or just open the old nod in the new version, keeping in mind you can't go back.

I've done it hundreds of times over the years.

Copy your old version User Sites folder contents to your new version (of Fusion) User Sites folder.

Then open the nod in the new version site folder in User Sites using the new version.

You'll have to "refind" your site assets in Assets view, since the paths will be different, but that's it.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Chuck,

I can't really understand that you recommend this

Only a template is the right way.

We have this issue every day in our German forums and people lost their assets completely since they might have a new computer or a new NOF version. It's sometimes not possible to relocate these assets again and very, very time involving.

Newer versions or other systems might have a different file system and you have hundreds of invalid entries in your administration. People sometimes copy the folder "User Sites" to their new computer and find out much later about it, while they are not in possession of these files anymore ...
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Tommy,

I don't "recommend it".

But if it's the only option available, you take it.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

note that using save as has a bug, it does not update the path to local publish and or autosave to the new location, so one or both need to be manually readjusted

When I make a copy of a site in a new version of Fusion using this method, I do so in the same folder as the old version nod.

Everything works perfectly.

I have a separate drive for User Sites that I use for every version of Fusion, so there are never path issues.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    When I make a copy of a site in a new version of Fusion using this method, I do so in the same folder as the old version nod.

Everything works perfectly.

I have a separate drive for User Sites that I use for every version of Fusion, so there are never path issues.
    that is one way to skin a cat