Thread: Upgrading computers

Default Upgrading computers

I have upgraded my computer to a 64 bit Windows 7 machine and understand that Fusion 10 will not be compatible. I would like to transfer the Fusion 10 software to the new machine and then upgrade to Fusion 15, which will be compatible. How do I transfer the original software (before upgrading)?

I want to do the same process, but same issue. how to transfer the original software??? is there any one who can guide??

Is this a new computer? If so, you simply install Netobjects. To transfer your sites, go to each site and Export as Template. Save the zip file to an external drive. On your new computer, after installing Netobjects, click New Site From Template in Online View.

If you're simply upgrading the operating system on the same computer, follow the same procedure as above to export your site(s). As NoF10 is such an old piece of software I would uninstall it before upgrading to Win 10 and then reinstall it using the win 7 or xp compatibility mode.

Note, you do not need to reinstall NoF10 in order to upgrade. NoF 2015 will ask for your existing serial number when installing, you simply enter it and continue to install.

Disclaimer: I don't and never have used Windows 10 so my knowledge of it is limited.
    Last edited by franko; 10-05-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Is this a new computer? If so, you simply install Netobjects. To transfer your sites, go to each site and Export as Template. Save the zip file to an external drive. On your new computer, after installing Netobjects, click New Site From Template in Online View.

If you're simply upgrading the operating system on the same computer, follow the same procedure as above to export your site(s). As NoF10 is such an old piece of software I would uninstall it before upgrading to Win 10 and then reinstall it using the win 7 or xp compatibility mode.

Note, you do not need to reinstall NoF10 in order to upgrade. NoF 2015 will ask for your existing serial number when installing, you simply enter it and continue to install.

Disclaimer: I don't and never have used Windows 10 so my knowledge of it is limited.
    ohh. I thought I need to reinstall NOF10.. But its ok.. thanks for help

I simply install Netobjects om my new computer - and now all work.
    Last edited by ghostwriter; 01-18-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post
    I simply install Netobjects om my new computer - and now all work.
    yes.. me too. its not complicated

I recently purchased NOF 15 Upgrade. I just purchased a new computer. After downloading, was asked for Ser #, after which it said that it was an upgrade and must have program on computer. Does this mean I need to go back several versions to install my "old" full program to be able to install this upgrade ?

No.... you should just be asked to provide your previous version's serial number during the installation of Fusion 15. Along with the Fusion 15 serial.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums