Thread: In a pickle!

Exclamation In a pickle!

I have been using NOF since about version 5, and being an old dinosaur I was using it on my old old XP computer that had version 5 upgraded to NOF10. Well the old XP that has been a work horse for 10++ years has given up the ghost, so I had planned to add NOF10 to my WIN10 comp, but I can not get past the license number screen since NOF5 is NOT on the WIN10 comp., it keeps saying it can not find an older version installed. I entered both the NOF10 lic. number and the NOF5 lic. number, which this old lady had a copy of the invoice from years and years ago that I had written the lic. num. on.

Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this? I am handicapped and nearly blind, and truly enjoy doing sites to occupy my time, I may not be as good as I was in my younger days, but refuse to let those down I have done sites for and still need me, so I really need to get my NOF10 on this WIN10 computer. HELP!

Thanks in advance,
    Dixie

Try http://support.netobjects.com. NOF 2015 is being sold dirt cheap. If you have a previous license number for ver 10, that may work to satisfy the requirement that you have a previous full version to upgrade upon to ver 2015.
    Last edited by rick6811; 04-11-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Ownership of Netobjects has changed twice since v5 (which, from memory, was around 2001) and I doubt that it would qualify for an upgrade, even if the upgrade server from that time was still in operation (it should be; but having heard nothing from Netobjects in several months we all have doubts as to what of their infrastructure is still operational). As Rick says, you could use your NoF 10 serial to upgrade to Fusion 2015; I know that server is still working because I reinstalled 2015 recently. 2015 would bring you more into the web near past rather than distant past.

If everything fails, PM me and I'll see if I can help you out off-forum.

Thank you, I found my full version of 10 and installed that with only minor glitches (I think what I was doing yesterday was trying to do an upgrade version instead of the full version I have and that is what messed up with the key), but got those worked out. I am the type of person if something is not working right I will work and work until it is right (even if it takes this old gal half a day, I will not give up,lol ) I only imported one site template into it to check how it is working, and looks good, I am too tired tonight to do the rest, but will take my time and not over extend myself. I am sure if I run into any problems you will be hearing from me!!!

Dixie
    Just kickin' back enjoying my Golden Years with my hubby and my two girls, Teek and Mollie, a Yorkie and a Morkie.

Don't forget to download and install the current update for that older version.

http://netobjects.com/html/downloads.html
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Yes I already did that, but thank you.
    Just kickin' back enjoying my Golden Years with my hubby and my two girls, Teek and Mollie, a Yorkie and a Morkie.