Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: making Photo Galleries

Default making Photo Galleries

Hi, I am a photographer who is looking to update his web site. I used NOF up to version 10 but stopped because there were no ways to make decent photo galleries. I see on the web site it talks about Photo Carousels as a great alternative to photo galleries but says nothing about actually making photo galleries. Is there an ability withing the new NOF 2015 to make photo galleries for your web site?

Nof can do basic Photo Galleries with ease, I prefer the basic look
    http://www.masterwatchmaking.com.au/...w_watches.html

Personally I've never been that happy with NoF's galleries and much prefer Visual Light Box for my galleries, eg http://www.frankleephoto.com/. The slider is now a good alternative to WOWslider I used to use but there's no real update to the decade old photo gallery component.

Thank you, your galleries---and your web site look amazing. Do you have any idea if you can import galleries created in Lightroom as well? I will certainly be looking into the software you used for yours.

You should be able to place any gallery but I don't use Lightroom. As long as there is generated code you can place it using Ctrl-T into a text box and any code required to go into the <head> area can be placed via the html button in page properties.

I like Visual Lightbox (VLB) but to include a VLB gallery into NO is hard work. And even VLB is missing an import function for Lightroom users. Thus a VLB functionality combined with a Lightroom export plugin would be great!
    Last edited by rgpix; 01-31-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Hi. this thread is old enough , but i hope someone reads it:-)
    Is there made some gallery solution that can be downloaded and installed in NOF 2015 ?
    The gallery delivered with NOF2015 is neither elegant or practical. I have tried to make a gallery in other software and copied the generated js and css files into their proper folders, and entered text into the gallery page's html code in NOF. I've made it work some how, but all functions built into the imported gallery doesn't work.
    But NOF 2015 really should have some solution to make different galleries?
    Can anybody help me?

Quote Originally Posted by gwathne View Post
    Hi. this thread is old enough , but i hope someone reads it:-)
    Is there made some gallery solution that can be downloaded and installed in NOF 2015 ?

But NOF 2015 really should have some solution to make different galleries?
    Can anybody help me?
    Nothing that can be installed, only third party copy/paste code solutions such as the above.

You may want to check out something the NOF folks have acquired and it's free ...
    http://koken.me/

As I said previously, you can place any gallery (or any other widget/component) into Fusion. Placing a VLB gallery in Fusion is neither difficult nor onerous.

Thanks for answering:-)
    But what is a VLB gallery?
    I've tried to copy and paste from galleries made with WYSIWYG but i dont get the user interface to work properly. I don't know what i do wrong, but copying from WYSIWYG might not be so strait forward.