Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Responsive Websites

Quote Originally Posted by rick6811 View Post
    I think that anyone left on this site is witnessing the slow suicide of Net Objects.
    I disagree. The demise was not a suicide. I'm left on this site for another curiosity. It reminds of a an old bugs bunny cartoon were he tunnels up to sand and starts running for the beach for a swim, whooping and hollering as he goes. I want to witness the the hangers-on, still cheer-leading themselves 3 years going now, who are like bugs in that cartoon. How far will they run, exhausted and sweating, until they figure out the sand they're running on is a desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape View Post
    I disagree. The demise was not a suicide. I'm left on this site for another curiosity. It reminds of a an old bugs bunny cartoon were he tunnels up to sand and starts running for the beach for a swim, whooping and hollering as he goes. I want to witness the the hangers-on, still cheer-leading themselves 3 years going now, who are like bugs in that cartoon. How far will they run, exhausted and sweating, until they figure out the sand they're running on is a desert.
    Ha, ha, hangers-on!...
    I guess I am the Chief Hanger-on here.
    And when you think that I have not even updated to NOF 2015 still using 2013 one can see how I do things ...

If NOF releases a responsive version WITHOUT anything else new, I shall not upgrade this time.
    But, of course I shall hang on until the next version after the upcoming one comes along ..
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Ha, ha, ha,
    A picture is worth a thousand words but how many words is a video clip worth?
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

No news on the new responsive NOF version?
    Not even for Easter?
    Hhhmm, ...

In my Godaddy hosting CPanel I have Koken among other free / opensource tools for one-click installation, eg. WordPress, Jumla, Drupal... Probably NOF company will offer one of them instead of a new responsive version of NOF.

I don't think now there will be any new version of NOF. It is a pity because it was one of the best tools with all the integrated functionality which is still many times missing in other tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Ohhh my, Frank, thou Marquis of HTML,

Koken??? http://koken.me/
    Hello no, give me NOF!

There will be a new version of NoF, I'm sure, but I don't think it will be too much like the NoF we've known and loved as the web has changed too much in the intervening two years. Koken may well be the basis for a new NoF. I do think only the name will change.

One has only to look at the auto industry. The 2016 Falcon isn't much like the 1966 Falcon, either in appearance or under the hood. All things change; it's the nature of life.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    There will be a new version of NoF, I'm sure, but I don't think it will be too much like the NoF we've known and loved as the web has changed too much in the intervening two years. Koken may well be the basis for a new NoF. I do think only the name will change.

One has only to look at the auto industry. The 2016 Falcon isn't much like the 1966 Falcon, either in appearance or under the hood. All things change; it's the nature of life.
    Yes, I believe in (great) changes.
    I wait for the latest new NOF version until Dec. 2017.
    If nothing comes out, well, I pack my backpack and look for overnight shelter somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    . . . . .Please...PLEASE...Steve...tell us that SOMETHING is on the way that will compete with these, otherwise your users will leave in droves.....
    I keep on getting the price reductions from Steve. He is lowering the price of 2015 on each email over this last year.

The last advert says " Hurry, this is a limited time offer, and once it's gone, it's gone for good. $29.98"

Now when I read this, it sounded like all the workers have left, the development team disbanded, Steve is the only one sitting in his office (probably on a computer at home) and sending out the the emails to get the last bit of cash before he closes shop and has a vacation. Very poor marketing and RESPONSIVENESS. He has already given you the message. NO RESPONSIVE.

Even if there was a new version, which I for one very much doubt, who is going to buy it? NOF had and has its loyal followers but we have been treated like shit by NOF for the last few years! Support other than the Forum has been non-existent from NOF as proved by the numerous threads on the Forum complaining! They have not responded to numerous requests from their loyal clients as to what’s happening!
    Can any company that has treated their customers the way NOF has treated us really expect us to spend money on a new product , regardless of how advanced it may be. Many of us, myself included earn a living from developing websites, could we really afford to spend the time and money on a new product knowing that the company behind it has treated its customers the way NOF has treated us?