Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Responsive Websites

Netobjects, in their website ads, promote and recommend hosting sites like 1and1, Digital Ocean, Media Temple, and In Motion, but there are people from other web hosting sites that are on this site providing some help to NOF clients and they are not from those recommended sites. In fact people on the NOF forums are fixing hosting problems for clients from these recommended sites who can't seem to support and help fixing hosting problems of their own clients. And NOF is recommending them???????????????
    Last edited by rick6811; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:34 PM.
    Http://webhq.us
    Managed Web Site Hosting
    Upload your site...You are done!

In answer to your questions:

1. Me
    2. Me
    3.Neither are increasing; both are decreasing
    4. There are literally hundreds of PHP applications out there that produce web sites or galleries.
    5. The same model as Mobirise and its various component apps - you give away the base app and then sell everything needed to actually produce a viable site: themes, templates, galleries, etc, etc.

I may use Koken for my photography site when I update it (it's been the same for about 8 or 9 years now and potential clients still find me through it) but I wouldn't use it for a client site. For those I'm using CC Foundation Framer at the moment.

But I'm pretty sure I'll return to NoF as my core app if and when Netobjects updates it as necessary.
    Last edited by franko; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:15 AM.

I think that anyone left on this site is witnessing the slow suicide of Net Objects. There isn't any new version of NOF coming. I am now convinced that is true. What a shame to see the abandonment of a product that still has potential. NOF people probably think there is more potential in something newer and after 20 years of NOF, it is time to try new things, like Koken.

I can live with and use NOF 2015 for many more years, I don't really need a new NOF and I have other software like WYSIWYG to play with.
    Last edited by rick6811; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:06 AM.
    Http://webhq.us
    Managed Web Site Hosting
    Upload your site...You are done!

Quote Originally Posted by rick6811 View Post
    I think that anyone left on this site is witnessing the slow suicide of Net Objects.
    I disagree. The demise was not a suicide. I'm left on this site for another curiosity. It reminds of a an old bugs bunny cartoon were he tunnels up to sand and starts running for the beach for a swim, whooping and hollering as he goes. I want to witness the the hangers-on, still cheer-leading themselves 3 years going now, who are like bugs in that cartoon. How far will they run, exhausted and sweating, until they figure out the sand they're running on is a desert.
    Never trust a skinny chef

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape View Post
    I disagree. The demise was not a suicide. I'm left on this site for another curiosity. It reminds of a an old bugs bunny cartoon were he tunnels up to sand and starts running for the beach for a swim, whooping and hollering as he goes. I want to witness the the hangers-on, still cheer-leading themselves 3 years going now, who are like bugs in that cartoon. How far will they run, exhausted and sweating, until they figure out the sand they're running on is a desert.
    Ha, ha, hangers-on!...
    I guess I am the Chief Hanger-on here.
    And when you think that I have not even updated to NOF 2015 still using 2013 one can see how I do things ...

If NOF releases a responsive version WITHOUT anything else new, I shall not upgrade this time.
    But, of course I shall hang on until the next version after the upcoming one comes along ..
    John - The secret of life is a better life.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

www.gotHosting.biz - - - - - - - - - - - www.gotFusion.com

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Support: http://www.gotFusion.com
    NetObjects Fusion Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Ha, ha, ha,
    A picture is worth a thousand words but how many words is a video clip worth?
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

No news on the new responsive NOF version?
    Not even for Easter?
    Hhhmm, ...