Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Responsive Websites

Dream on!!!!!

LOL....##>>.!!

Yes... Yes..

True.. True..

I just watched a youtube vid for the Divi wordpress theme I bought yesterday and thought I fell into an Adobe Black Hole from which there was no obvious escape..

Yeah, I guess after going through the 20 input screens you have a WYSIWYG site building program...

I guess...

LOl... Lol..**&& loL...>>##..!!!

LOl... Lol.. loL... LoL>>##..!!!

Personally I've dropped Wordpress unless a client insists on it or already has a site on it. There are a few good, not too expensive, apps out there that create responsive sites relatively easily. Especially for Mac but some have Windows versions also.

Yeah Franko, I can see why you're not too excited by Wordpress, either am I as I imagine a lot people who've used NetObjects aren't..

I did find a video on youtube for the Divi theme which gives pretty good instructions for beginning using program if you're first starting..

Guy called Darrel Wilson if anyone wants to search him on youtube... But even after watching it and realizing I could this, I really don't want to..

Still a lot of screens to pop up and input things, feels like you're going back 20 years and starting over..

I did actually get a Windows program called WebSite X5 Evolution 13 that supposedly can do responsive sites simultaneously along with the desktop version..

Is this one of the programs you had in mind..?

I've been going back and forth between WebSite X5 and Divi trying to figure out the way I want to go..

If you care to share what other Windows based programs you're thinking of it would be appreciated..

Thanks..

I don't become a member of a software forum to spruik other competing products. It's easy enough to search and check them out though. If you use a Mac and are interested in the software I use PM me and I'll tell you.
    Last edited by franko; 03-06-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Personally I've dropped Wordpress unless a client insists on it or already has a site on it. There are a few good, not too expensive, apps out there that create responsive sites relatively easily. Especially for Mac but some have Windows versions also.
    Hi guys,

Do NOT buy website responsive software now.

What sells on the Net today is still in the stage of responsive design infancy. You shall sorely discover that after you bought one just to be in line with the trend, a much better one comes on the market 44 days later ...

Hell NO, do not trap yourselves in what the crowd of hotheads is doing, or your results will be exactly like those of the crowd!
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

I agree - it has been said before, but all these 'responsive' website builders look the same....obviously templated...and I positively hate this bouncing up and down all over the place. I have tried quite a few and only 2 maybe three seem decent - like Franko not going to mention these.
    I have said previously it is extremely easy to build a mobile website using NOF15....just make the page 1000 px wide and use large (28-36) automatic font, and put a small screen size test in the Home html. Doesn't actually take that long, and the result is a custom designed mobile site that can LOOK different to the desktop version. A neat touch is that a Call us button means the user can click and tehir phoen will dial...haven't seen that on (m)any) responsive websites.
    The only downside is that sometimes changes have to be made on both versions.

Yeah, no doubt all those input screens can make U feel wacky in not too long a time..

Is that what they call progress..?? Lol..>>..!!!

But having to do 2 versions is a pretty big downside..

I say though Hell YES..!! Give me SOMETHIN new that works and I take it..!! Lol..

Got to assume though NetObjects not even working on anything cause we would hear by now..

Personally I don't have a problem mentioning other things since we shouldn't be in this position and people searching for answers..

WYSIWYGwebbuilder figured it out and it's way not expensive..

So don't why they didn't even seem to try here..

Got to assume though NetObjects not even working on anything cause we would hear by now..
    No, you wouldn't unless you are part of the beta testing group. And even then, maybe not. When 2015 was released not even the beta testers were warned and the first we all knew of it was when it appeared on the Netobjects web site.

WYSIWYGwebbuilder figured it out and it's way not expensive
    I bought 2 versions of WYSIWYG and hated em both. Still sitting on my old windblows machine; never created a site with them. As I said, there are way better apps out there, especially from CC using the Foundation and Bootstrap frameworks. And less than WYSIWYG. But you still have to have a clue as to what you're doing. Netobjects is the only app that lets a complete novice without any foundation in web design or development create a functioning web site without a steep learning curve. If you do have a strong foundation in web design and development, there is a wide choice of responsive development apps out there.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    ..... I bought 2 versions of WYSIWYG and hated em both. Still sitting on my old windblows machine; never created a site with them. ...
    Old chap,

To me this means you doubted and betrayed NOF, wasted time playing with them and, last but not least, you wasted good money.

You may waste time because that's how you learn but ... NEVER spend money if you have a suspicion you shall not be happy!
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.