Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The beta version

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    I think we've all been testing it for the past year.
    As in NOF 2015

Hummm! if we don't get a affirmation of a update to NOF this may be something to look into, as I am a WYSIWYG designer not one to get into code only as my 70 yr old mind can't remember all that stuff!

I used Dreamweaver for years and only worked in the Design window and hardly ever went to Code or Split screen in it ONLY when I was forced to!

But this looks good will maybe have to D/L the Trial and check it out . . . .

Here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Snuffy Smith View Post
    Warren if you don't mind me asking, what are you playing with now?

I was a total beliver in Dreamweaver for about 12-15 years, and a friend got me to try Joomla the past year and I found NOF about a month back.
    And I have already re-designed 2 of my sites and about to finish up the third with NOF today or late tonight.

I for one am hoping that the rumors of a beta being worked on in the back room is true!
    Back "in the day" Fusion was considered a design and layout tool where you could put together a killer looking web page. After the design and layout function was finished, Fusion was put to bed and the site development continued with other tools. Fusion 4 came bundled with Alair HomeSite and a graphic creating software (can't recall which one).

If you are comfortable using an html editor like DW, Fusion should be a shoe in for your design and layout tasks, then DW can be your editor of choice.

I've given up on Dreamweaver ever since it went to the pay to never own model of software. My last versions of DW and photoshop were the last "retail box" versions (CS6). I see no reason to "rent" a newer version other than the version I already "own"
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Same here as I am also in my 60's, thats why learning a completely new App was a percived problem, but actually it was quite easy!

Quote Originally Posted by warrenr View Post
    Same here as I am also in my 60's, thats why learning a completely new App was a percived problem, but actually it was quite easy!
    Yes Warren as a VET with PTSD and not able to concentrate like I used to do, and remember things, it makes it hard to remember all the codes and not have to go looking every time you want to do something and find the right code to do it with.

But I have a friend that has all that $hit in his mind and he can sit down and just start typing it like he was in typing school with the Big Brown Fox!

Discusting he is!

And I just D/Ld the Trial and will be checking it out......
    Last edited by Dave Snuffy Smith; 12-28-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Snuffy Smith View Post
    Beach I read through your post 2 times trying to read between the lines and just could not find in there anything that made me really think that you know something about a beta being worked on in the back room!

Maybe if I go back and read it one more time, and a little slower, it will pop out at me and give me some incite!

Ya! Recon?
    Sorry Dave. It's an allegory more dedicated to the hangers-on, who have been fooling themselves since 2014 expecting the next perfect version of NOF. Nothing to go on but faith, it’s keeping some from moving on from that very spot. Version 2015 was really just a fix for version 2013 but the wishing began (as can be search through these forums) began in 2014. I finding amazing that going into 3 years later people are still following this Moses, now called "beta". I was quite for it for a while (my mind holding out on the same hope for a couple years) until read the reviews for v2015. Finally my heart broke more with the very thought of reality. I can only think that those still riding on this ship can only now be done by hobbyists. NOF is in the final business life cycle of residual revenue and there must be some good laughs going on there while those on this boat throw out ropes to bring more on board to enjoy the allegory I've described.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape View Post
    Sorry Dave. It's an allegory more dedicated to the hangers-on, who have been fooling themselves since 2014 expecting the next perfect version of NOF. Nothing to go on but faith, it’s keeping some from moving on from that very spot. Version 2015 was really just a fix for version 2013 but the wishing began (as can be search through these forums) began in 2014. I finding amazing that going into 3 years later people are still following this Moses, now called "beta". I was quite for it for a while (my mind holding out on the same hope for a couple years) until read the reviews for v2015. Finally my heart broke more with the very thought of reality. I can only think that those still riding on this ship can only now be done by hobbyists. NOF is in the final business life cycle of residual revenue and there must be some good laughs going on there while those on this boat throw out ropes to bring more on board to enjoy the allegory I've described.
    I think that you just quoted what I was looking for in between those other lines posted!

There's no such thing as a 'near perfect version' of any application. If you're doing this for a living you need to have a tool kit for the job. A plumber doesn't go to a job armed only with a hammer, what if he finds a problem that needs a wrench to complete? I have always used a variety of apps for web development. Fusion is still the best tool for rapid site design and page layout, as gotFusion described above. Then you use other tools to complete the task.

The days of one application incorporating all the technologies needed to build a fully functioning web site are long over. If you only want to be a designer, use photoshop. If you want to create the framework for a site but cannot complete the backend or application programming to build the necessary apps for the site's defined functionality, NoF is a great choice. Then hand your prototype site over to a developer to get the code developed.

There are very few people around who can do a great design and then complete the programming to add complex functionality. To do that a person needs left brain/right brain fusion and very few people have that; most are either left-brain or right-brain dominant.

Go Seahawks

Issaquah

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post

I've given up on Dreamweaver ever since it went to the pay to never own model of software. My last versions of DW and photoshop were the last "retail box" versions (CS6). I see no reason to "rent" a newer version other than the version I already "own"
    What are you going to do if you need to reload any of the previously bought software? Didn't Adobe turn off all of their activation servers so nobody can reactivate any local software again? Unless you have really given up using the software totally, you will be forced to the cloud to continue using DW.

I don't know how Adobe can legally get away with refusing to let buyers reload and use the software they paid for. That does not sound right even if Adobe offers cloud service for a period of time for free.

I gave up using Adobe software years ago because their products cost too much. If Adobe was selling NOF 2015, it would be $400 or more.
    Last edited by rick6811; 12-31-2016 at 04:49 AM.