Thread: Updating to 2015 from really old Fusion versions

Default Updating to 2015 from really old Fusion versions

Can I buy and install Fusion 2015 upgrade with just the Fusion 13 serial number?

I am getting a new PC and, as a long-time NetObjects Fusion user (since Fusion 5) who has updated the software every few years, installing on a new system previously required an operating copy of the old version. This involved installing Fusion5 plus all subsequent updates since then. Even though I may have all of the old disks and, I hope, the serial numbers, there must be an easier way of moving and upgrading the system.

Thanks for your help.

It doesn't matter. You can try it ( NOF 2013 key) but if it doesn't work, download Essentials, and use the key you get. The Essentials key and the NOF 2015 key will activate NOF 2015.
    Last edited by rick6811; 12-26-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Thank you! I appreciate the quick response.

Hi, I updated to 2015 from my 2011 copy of NOF and everything was fine until now. I have had a hard drive die on me and had to install a new hard drive. All my software installed from backups okay> I then reinstalled my NOF 11 and its 11 update now when I tried to reinstall my NOF2015 upgrade It won't update. It just keeps saying I have to have 2015 installed for the update to work. I already had NetObjects-Fusion-2015.exe but because of the hardware problem I can't find the down-loader link. I have the update serial number which starts : NFM-1500-U with a 13 digit number following, -***-*****-***** how can I get my 2015 update to work again?? I Hope someone from NOF can help.

When will people learn to backup software that they have installed??

Contact http://support.netobjects.com and ask them if you can download the NOF2015 software again. When you buy NOF software they give the buyer a link to download the software within a window of time. After that time has past you can't just download it again and again when you might want to. The software that is downloaded is worth the same money the key is worth because you need both to use NOF. Buyers need to backup and safeguard that software because it doesn't come back easily.

I have assumed that you were using an update that is available free for download that updates the actual NOF 2015 paid for software. In other words there are 2 updates. There is the one you buy, and the other one is an update for the bought software which is free. If you are trying to install the paid update version and it refuses to install you have a different problem you need to take up with support.

There is also a full version of NOF that costs more than the update version. But you should not need to buy it.
    Last edited by rick6811; 01-18-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idletester View Post
    Hi, I updated to 2015 from my 2011 copy of NOF and everything was fine until now. I have had a hard drive die on me and had to install a new hard drive. All my software installed from backups okay> I then reinstalled my NOF 11 and its 11 update now when I tried to reinstall my NOF2015 upgrade It won't update. It just keeps saying I have to have 2015 installed for the update to work. I already had NetObjects-Fusion-2015.exe but because of the hardware problem I can't find the down-loader link. I have the update serial number which starts : NFM-1500-U with a 13 digit number following, -***-*****-***** how can I get my 2015 update to work again?? I Hope someone from NOF can help.
    send me an email and I give you the full installer since you have the serial

you are not going to get any response from support