Thread: Looking at reviews

Default Looking at reviews

Was just browing idly and came across this review.....http://uk.pcmag.com/netobjects-fusio...ects-fusion-mx

The last para is interesting "As we went to press, NetObjects announced it would run out of cash before the end of September (2015) without additional funding. This is unfortunate, because the company has always produced valuable Web building tools, and Fusion has been an effective foil for FrontPage."

Anyone from NOF care to comment on that and the current situation?

It seems odd that the article dated JUN 11, 2015 is reviewing MX.

Followed a link for reviews at Wiki- your article was originally written in 2001 - So you would have been looking at Sept 2001, not 2015. Don't know how or why there's the page at your link.

Here's the original article and date:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,29025,00.asp

To answer your question though - uncertainty is certain. Good luck on a NOF reply.
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 01-03-2017 at 01:43 AM.

As pointed out, MX was 15 years ago. From memory, that was the time Website Pros came in with the cash and purchased Netobjects and ran it for a few years before the current owners purchased Fusion and some other assets. I believe it was a management buy-out but the only ones who really know are the owners. The point, however, is that Netobjects has survived for 15 years beyond the doom-saying review you mention.

Is NOF still going? Other than the odd email trying to sell NOF 2015 at a 60% discount, has anyone heard directly from anyone who actually works for NOF in the last 6 months?

yes Mx ..bit confusing.....I just posted it as the article itself was dated 2015

Anyone confirm who actually RUNS this forum?
    Last edited by gprit; 01-03-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: additional text

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    yes Mx ..bit confusing.....I just posted it as the article itself was dated 2015

Anyone confirm who actually RUNS this forum?
    http://forums.netobjects.com/showgroups.php
    Click on the names, then About me.

I think the names are ranked by participation level.

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    the date is changed by a script. see the attached screenshot for the original publish date.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mx.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	2587

Hi Gprit, you are asking the right question. Just look at reality: no bug fixes since time immemorial, no responsive support, complete "radio silence". Why is that? Very simple: all software is destined to die. Why is that: adding a new feature on top of a complex construction is more and more costly and error prone and the revenue generated by these buggy additions does not justify investing money in fixing problems. The only way out is to lower the price for the same old thing.
    Not every company has the luck and vitality of Apple.
    I know that not everybody sees that, but this is due to the difference in time zones.
    Last edited by levendel; 05-16-2017 at 02:03 AM.