Thread: Navbar Buttons

Default Navbar Buttons

Hello,

I'm a little confused of why my navabar buttons are changing from page to page, not reading correctly and out of line. Would any of you have a suggestion of what would be causing this? Thanks.

Oh and here's the site for reference http://advancedmusicproducts.com/

A few observations. The navigation buttons that are out of line are your rollovers. Check Style View; I suggest you may have put a return at the end of the text and this would force the text up. The nav bar is ok on the home page. This suggests you are using a different MasterBorder for the Home Page than you are for the other pages, otherwise they would all be the same. There's no need to on such a simple site, simply use the same MasterBorder for all pages unless there's a real reason not to. If the text in the nav buttons is ok in Style View, check you nav bar properties, Advanced Tab, where you can set any offsets for individual buttons. You may have done something there that causes what you see.

Thanks Franko, all of those ideas sounds like that would be the problem, but everything looks correct, and when I do a local publish it's fine, something must have got lost in transferring to the server. I replaced one of the pages html with the one in my local publish folder but it didn't help either. I'll keep trying other things. Asside from that I'm having to upload files manually through cPanel as something's not jiving correctly when trying to publish with NoF, it won't connect to my server anymore, I think it's GoDaddy's problem really, I haven't changed any settings, it just won't connect, not sure if GoDaddy changed out servers or not.

If your Local Publish is ok then simply upload the contents of your LP to your production server. This is my normal workflow anyway, so I can check updates before making them live. Never have used NoF's built-in ftp as it has never lived up to a dedicated ftp program. I use Filezilla but there are others out there. I have heard some horror stories regarding GoDaddy. Never used 'em myself.