Thread: Moving site from NOF12 to NOF2015 - No MLRs?

Default Moving site from NOF12 to NOF2015 - No MLRs?

In the hopes of curing some instability, and getting things more or less current, I've attempted to migrate a site maintained in NOF v12 to NOF2015 by exporting a template.zip from v.12 and creating a new site from template in NOF 2015.

I'm finding that the several MLRs (each with custom formatting) are not publishing. They show up OK in Page View, they appear but do not function in (the much feared) Preview panel, but when I do a Local Publish they do not appear at all.

Was there a fundamental change in MLR functionality that would cause these to vanish upon publish?

Any thoughts on how to get these functional aside from re-creating them? They each have custom style modifications done to them that I prefer not to have to do over...
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

what was your html output setting and char set in Nof12?

is it the same in Nof15?

The NOF 12 site is set to

HTML: HTML 4.10 with Tables

Characters: Western European (ISO-8859-1)

In 2015 I set the HTML to HTM 5 Dynamic.

I found that deleting a form that I had on the same page as the MLR fixed the MLR. Rebuilding the form sometimes worked, then suddenly wouldn't. I could not deduce a pattern.

On another page without a form, the MLR published, but the formatting was totally messed up. It is set up as an Accordion, but it published as some deformed Tab Top.

I've gone back to V.12 to publish the site updates. But I'd like to know if migrating ultimately involves completely rebuilding the site. If that is the case, I will wait until NOF2017 ( ;-) ) before doing any site redesigns.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

what if you set the site in Nof15 to 4.1 plus tables and Western European (ISO-8859-1) initially for testing?

HTML5 and 5 dynamic should be using UTF8 char set, can you confirm

I never use MLR so I can't be sure if the template export includes custom formatting of MLR?

So with HTML 4.01 with Tables, the MLRs publish. Using HTML 5 Dynamic and UTF 8, they also publish.

BUT... one MLR on the site should look like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MLR-Good.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	2589

In both cases outlined above, they look like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MLR-Bad.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	2588

I'll try rebuilding that one and see what happens.

------------------------------------------------

Now when I Publish "Entire Site", the MLR referenced above does NOT publish. If I publish just that page as "Current Page Only", it publishes and looks as it should. So I can do a Full Publish, then publish "Current Page Only" and it looks good, but WTF?

Also, I am noticing that my variable length MLR trick is not working. The MLR stays a fixed length, and the content on the longest of the lot gets cut off.
    Last edited by RayC; 01-10-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

it appears that MLR created in Nof12 with custom formatting is not compatible with Nof15

I have a similar issue with Coolmaps thumbsup, when I publish the whole site, half the thumbs are missing, when I publish current page of each page with Coolmaps, all is well

so something is wrong with publish whole site in Nof15

Some maintain the formatting, and some don't. It don't make no sense.

I guess I should move away from my reliance on MLR's. They are just so handy for packing a lot of information into a small space.

Also a bummer that my "variable length" MRL trick no longer works. There is a project I do every year that this works great with. I suppose I'll continue that project with NOF 12 and HTLM 4.01 with tables.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

the few times I tried MLR, I always ended up with a headache trying to figure out where to format what, thanks to the lack of documentation on MLR

I simply don't use them now