Thread: forms handler

Default forms handler

I'm unable to get forms handler to work ... on a test site (jpnproducts.com) i setup a simple data form & when I run the routine it goes to a blank page (http://jpnproducts.com/scripts/fh_formshandler.php) if I click at the end of that I get: "An error occured. Please contact the site administrator;Error code: 103;Error.Text.Generic;Error.Text.Code 80" I contacted my web house and they indicated it was probably the script.

Here is some additional background:

NOF Version 2015
    Web Housing 1and1.com
    PHP version: 7.0

The forms handler has worked in the past on our summer camp site (i think the only change during the year was to go to PHP7.0) but not now

Any thought would be appreciated
    Thanks!
    John

The PHP database connection scripts included with Fusion are not compatible with PHP 7.

I write my own and have no issues, but NetObjects really needs to update the scripts to work with PHP 7.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    The PHP database connection scripts included with Fusion are not compatible with PHP 7.

I write my own and have no issues, but NetObjects really needs to update the scripts to work with PHP 7.
    Not having written a script, is that something that I can easily learn, or am I better served by hiring someone to do that for me?

Thanks for the quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by scottsdalejohn View Post
    Not having written a script, is that something that I can easily learn, or am I better served by hiring someone to do that for me?

Thanks for the quick reply
    Thanks for the infornmation about NOF not working with PHP7.0 - I was able to go to a 5 series and all is well again!
    Thanks!

Default Forms Handler

Please consider upgrading NOF to accept PHP series 7 --- all of the earlier versions are about expire

Default Now I have a "head scratchier"

I moved back to PHP 5.6 and now I can create the cvs file on my site and when I complete the form it will email me everything that has been entered BUT it does not write the data to the cvs file it created as a part of the wizard.

Any thoughts on who to get this to work correctly - I think that I'm close, but just not quite there (and yes, I do have the write to DB checked)

Best,
    John

Make sure you have a folder on the server where Fusion is looking to place the file.

You can use publish view > Connect and look at your remote account. You can use a 3rd party FTP program do to this also.

If the folder is not there, create one.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I have a similar problem to that stated by scottsdalejohn on 2/11/2017. The external symptoms are the same in that from my site the form submission would appear to the end user like all is well. They see the Success page. However, neither the email gets generated, nor is the csv file written to. Again, I get no error submitting the form. This is a Manual Form using the Form Handler PHP script, but not the Form Handler Component. I did use the component, to try and see where I might be making a mistake with regard to place of the database directory and file and permissions, but I cannot see where the mistake is.

Environment:
    NOF 2015
    Site Host: GoDaddy
    PHP Version: 5.6

For some confirmation of my configuration here are a couple of screen grabs:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PublishView.PNG 
Views:	424 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	2624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Form.PNG 
Views:	465 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	2623

/html/db both have 777 perms and consultsuccess.csv has 666. I've tried reducing the perms also without success.

I should also state that I have another site hosted with the same service (GoDaddy) and the mails and files are written to fine. One difference I can see between the working and failing cases are the use of the NOF Forms Handler Component (working), vs. the Manual Forms Handler (not working). The former just doesn't offer the visual appeal that the latter does. Neither is ideal, and if I had another choice in creating my site forms I'd probably use it. I could not locate a third party app from GoDaddy to use. Probably my ignorance there, but it would be nice to get the native function working correctly in NOF or get my incorrect configuration straight.

Thanks in advance.