Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resize Master Border Netobjects fusion 15

Thank you for giving me this info. Yes, the pages are all saved on our computer in the correctly changed form. No errors. But when we publish it to Netfirms things are different. Yesterday for an odd reason my home page transferred over in perfect form, but when we tried to move it up to publish it, it eliminated the pictures and the navigation bar is not right. Today I called Netfirms again and spoke with a very nice person. He tried to insert the pics and was able to do one. He couldn't find the other 2 and had no idea where they were. He says images are being scattered all over the place, and was getting very frustrated. My husband was able to find the correct pics and moved them up to the assets. Then they automatically got inserted to my website, but we have no idea how to correct the navigation bar. Then we tried to publish another page today, but when it came over to Netfirms it was missing all of its pictures. Plus it didn't even go to the assets/images/autogen page even though that's where it was told to go to. We had to hunt for it through all the pages. So we have no idea what is going on.

The helper told me to call Netobjects and talk with someone, but that doesn't seem to be possible. All I seem to be able to do is keep bugging wonderful helpful people like you. I don't understand why the file address listed is different than the one it is sent to. Sometimes it's just one tiny thing like a period or slash. Other times it's several words different. How do we even change the address for the pictures so they go to the correct file. I'm a fiber artist and not very computer literate. My husband has been helping me, but is getting frustrated.

Are you able to do a Local Publish? If so, are the pictures in place ok? If you Local Publish is okay then transfer to the document root of your site using Filezilla or another ftp program. If the pictures still don't show then you have a setting on the server which is blocking the images.

Netobjects uses relative paths when generating Local Publish. If the Local Publish is okay then you can safely transfer the entire Local Publish to your web server making sure, as I said, that the index.html is at the document root. All other paths will then be correct.

We adjusted several pages in NOF to make sure they were OK. Then we did local publish and checked them again, and they were perfect. We opened up File Zilla and published 4 pages. Now I have 4 screwed up pages on my website. Go check them out at eclecticfiberarts.com. Not only did a few pictures not get published, but the lower text files moved up to cover some pictures, and some other things are now missing. I never had this problem until I updated to NOF 15. I have no idea what's going on, but I getting really frustrated. I greatly appreciate your help, and obviously need a lot more.

sounds like you did no upload all files and folders in Local Publish to the server

also, a good idea is to delete the Local Publish folder and then do a full local publish, then upload all with Filezilla

I want to thank all of you for your wonderful support. We needed a break and went skiing today, then came back and worked on my site again. My husband also had a nice talk with someone at Netfirms and got some helpful suggestions. Now my site is up and running. There's just some text problems on 2 pages where words shifted down to the next line. But I have instructions on how to fix that. Hopefully it will work. But another day. You can see that on the About Darlene page where I have events listed where my work has been shown. Other than that everything is perfect. Don't think we remembered that the whole site has to be republished each time. We're not young anymore and I guess senility is creeping in on us! So you can go to Eclecticfiberarts.com to see what my site really looks like. Thank you so very very much.