Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resize Master Border Netobjects fusion 15

Unhappy Resize Master Border Netobjects fusion 15

I edited text on one page on my site and closed site but didn't publish. When I reopened site the layout box on all pages moved to far right, leaving a wide master border (894 pixles). I tried to reduce the master border to the size it used to be but keep getting an error message that the master boarded has to be a minimum of 894 pixles due to the size of the objects. It seems that the layout has aligned to the right, I have not been able to find any way to correct this problem. Any body have any ideas to help me.

You probably have overlapping objects. Look for the little red exclamation mark in the corner of objects. Delete them, resize your MasterBorder and then replace the objects in the correct place without overlapping them. Note, you can overlap objects with Fixed Position output, html 4.01 or html 5. However, you cannot with Dynamic positioning, html 4.01 with tables or html 5 dynamic.

Thanks for the help. I found that when I move the nav bar to a certain position within the MasterBorder it shows an overlap however when I delete the nav bar there is no other object in the MasterBorder. It appears that the object is hidden but when I select show all object nothing shows. Is there some other way to show all objects within the MasterBorder?

You can click and drag in the MasterBorder to cover the whole MasterBorder and then any objects will show with handles. This has worked for me when I've had either single pixel or other very small objects in the MasterBorder. If you move the navebar to where it shows and overlap then it is overlapping another object. Select that object by click-dragging and delete it so the MasterBorder is empty. Then replace your nav bar as a new object.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    You can click and drag in the MasterBorder to cover the whole MasterBorder and then any objects will show with handles. This has worked for me when I've had either single pixel or other very small objects in the MasterBorder. If you move the navebar to where it shows and overlap then it is overlapping another object. Select that object by click-dragging and delete it so the MasterBorder is empty. Then replace your nav bar as a new object.
    It worked! Thank you. Now I have to figure out how to publish the pages. More instructions to read. First I have to go shovel snow. You've been too kind.

De nada. Glad I could help.

As it turns out, I do have another question. When we published my site and it was transferred over to Netfirms, the Home page didn't go with them. Even when we tried to publish it by itself, and it claimed it published, it didn't go there. Do you have any idea why it would do that? I can understand if there's a problem with the page that it wouldn't publish, but the text says published every time. Yet it does not appear in the file with all the other pages that were transferred over. We looked in many other files for it, but it wasn't there. Do you have any ideas? I'm sorry to have to ask you another question, but you've been so helpful and knowledgeable.

Check the file extension you're using for your home page. If it's .htm, it may not be recognized as the index page on some web servers.

.html is universal.

If you have PHP code on the page, it has to be .php.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Also check that it is uploading to the document root. Also make sure the home page is called index.html. Again, this is universal. If it's home.html, welcome.html (can't remember what Microsoft's IIS calls it) or something else it may not be recognised as the home page.

It would be good to make a note of your web server OS and configuration and keep them at hand somewhere close. Then when you have a query regarding the web server you can quote it and we'll have a better idea of what we're dealing with.

I seem to have a serious problem with my site. Every page that we try to transfer over to publish does so with no pictures. It's just text with empty boxes the size of the picture with the name of the picture in it. So I called and spoke with a person who checked it and consulted with another person. He told me to change the address to send it to, which we did. They said to use my website.com/assets/images/autogen. So we did that, but the problem hasn't changed. I called the help # again and spoke with another person. He told me that my site is ancient and obsolete. I've only had NOF 15 for slightly more than a year, so how can it be obsolete? If I change to another version like Weebly or Website Builder I will have to completely redo the site. As it is now, my home page is blank where the pictures are supposed to be, because the original page is now gone. It's still in a file but won't transfer over with pictures. The old original pages are htm, but the newer ones are HTML. What should I do now?