Thread: Picture Rollover Does Not Work

Default Picture Rollover Does Not Work

I finally upgraded my website EuroCultAV.com from the freeware old version Netobjects Essentials to Netobjects 11 (my computer is older and I couldn't run 12-13, and I needed to preserved the site). My buttons were rollovers on the left side of the page, but the exported template did not include the fact they were a) links to internal pages, and b) were rollovers. I pulled up the standard compoments bar, but when I try to use the picture rollover tool to recreate the buttons, it will not work. A box will appear, then disappear.

I had to recreate the buttons on new pages as simple pictures links, but that is not a long term solution.

Any idea how to fix?

Why aren't you using the standard nav bar component? This allows for all four button states. You just create the images as you want them and add them in Style View.

The Picture Rollover component is a java component and most browser will not allow running java any more, especially mobile device browsers. I used to use picture rollovers once, but find that HTML/CSS buttons are much more in accordance with modern design practice.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Why aren't you using the standard nav bar component? This allows for all four button states. You just create the images as you want them and add them in Style View.

The Picture Rollover component is a java component and most browser will not allow running java any more, especially mobile device browsers. I used to use picture rollovers once, but find that HTML/CSS buttons are much more in accordance with modern design practice.
    How do I do that? Will it still allow for the rollovers I had before?

The navigation bar button brings up the full navigation bar from the template I originally used to design the site in Essentials back in 2009. I had components designed by a friend since then.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCultAV View Post
    The navigation bar button brings up the full navigation bar from the template I originally used to design the site in Essentials back in 2009. I had components designed by a friend since then.
    Yeah, I messed around with it for a bit, and all I get is the original nav bar from '09, and no option to drop my images in.

In Style View double click the button image you want to change. You can then select a new one. I've been building styles this way since the mid-90s.