Thread: Preview Problem

Default Preview Problem

As I haven't authored anything in NOF for a while - I was surprised when I came across this little problem - which I'd be VERY grateful if any one can help me with.......

When I create a web site in NOF 2015 - everything goes well until I try to preview the site in Internet Explorer. - Windows Edge would be nice - but the opportunity isn't available.

Any way - all appears fine until I click on an image that SHOULD have an embedded web link in it (internal or external) rather than being taken to the required web site / page, the image that I used to have the link embedded in it "blows up" to fill the screen! - Far from the desired result.

I embedded the link in the appropriate fashion - but when I am in preview mode (Internet Explorer) - rather than being taken to the target site / page, I am presented with an enlarged copy of the JPEG that contained the link. Clicking on this enlarged picture advances me on to the next JPEG on the page that has an embedded link!!

I don't want to launch this site with this "problem" but don't know if it is only in Preview, - or if it will show if I launched the site "Live".

Any ideas? Thanks

The only way you can confirm what the pages will look like on a server, is to put them on a server and test them. IE has been problematic for a long time. And I don't know many people who even use IE anymore. What do the pages do in Chrome or Fire Fox?

never use preview

always use local publish to test, if all ok, upload the contents of local publish with your ftp software

Don't know if this will help.
    I always publish my site to a Local Host which is on my C drive. The I can browse it with any browser using the home page of the site. I then use FileZilla to publish the site to my server. It seems to be quicker that way for me.

When I use preview option for the page when editing the preview does not appear as I expect. It does not mirror the final published page.
    I also cannot stop the application options from returning to IE from my preferred FireFox.

I have used NetObjects for many years and there are some things where I have to go with the flow and accept some limitations. Can get annoying not getting the correct answers.
    Last edited by Daintrc; 03-12-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Additional info