Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will NOF15 solve the issues with NOF12 not working with SFTP?

Default Will NOF15 solve the issues with NOF12 not working with SFTP?

I have been using Netobjects Fusion 12 for a while with a couple of simple web sites which require frequent additions / alterations, previously the publish button was all that was required to action any changes made to the sites - using ftp however, a while ago my ISP stopped allowing FTP access to their server & now only allow SFTP & I cannot get this to work, even though the same settings used in NOF12 work fine in Filezilla, so clearly all the log-in credentials I am using are correct. I have seen several other posts from other users who have exactly the same problem & the only response from anyone seems to be that you should use a separate SFTP client to upload your files, quite frankly I find it ridiculous to have to go through this additional & time consuming step every time I need to make a simple addition to the site. So, my question is this..... if I was to upgrade to the latest version of Netobjects Fusion, would the SFTP publishing tool actually work? Whilst I object having to pay out to resolve the problem where something doesn't work as it should, it does seem to be the quickest & easiest was to get things back to how they should be IF it works!
    Any help / info / suggestions would be most welcome

The FTP module is the same. SFTP in Fusion works with some web servers, but not all.

Using a separate FTP program like Filezilla is not time consuming. You simply do a local publish from Fusion and then use Filezilla to upload the files.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    The FTP module is the same. SFTP in Fusion works with some web servers, but not all.

Using a separate FTP program like Filezilla is not time consuming. You simply do a local publish from Fusion and then use Filezilla to upload the files.
    Pity that a known bug like this has been left in. I have a couple of sites that require regular additions (could be several times a day) when I was able to do the updates with FTP it was 2 clicks & job done, very quick & easy, to have to manually upload the files with filezilla is obviously not as quick & easy & is an extra chore I can do without.
    Anyway, thanks very much for the info, I know not to waste money on an upgrade that still won't work properly.

I have been using NOF since v7 and have never ONCE had to use an external FTP (such as Filezilla) to publish my websites/changes.

Maybe it is time to ask your service provider a question or two - and maybe consider one that does. Not sure where you are located but I am in the UK and have never had any problem using inbuilt NOF publish with PLUSNET to publish sites/small page changes.

I am also in the UK & used to use plusnet a few years ago, but their hosting was very limited so I had to move & now use 1and1. Everything worked fine until a few months ago when 1and1 disabled FTP access & so I have to use SFTP instead & that is where the problems lie as NOF simply doesn't work. I did consider putting the sites back onto plusnet, but as their hosting has a very limited bandwidth allowance & if you exceed it they will permanently delete your site without warning (they did exactly that to me) I am not going down that route. To be honest I think that it is time to part company with NOF. If was great a few years ago, but not any more.

There is a difference in companies and what you want from them. ISP and HOsting are different Specialities.
    Plusnet is a good ISP. It is NOT a good Hosting company.
    Have to say that 1&1 is at the low end of the Hosting market.
    If you are looking for a good hosting company which has NO PROBLEM in using the inbuilt NOF 2015 Publish facility then I can only recommend the one I use
    - Heartinternet - I have been with them for ten years and have had few problems. Support is also outstanding.

Maybe I am a luddite but I will stick with NOF. For all its faults it is so easy to use and knocks spots of most of the other options I have looked at.

If you want solid hosting on a NOF friendly basis why dont you look at gotfusion.

You also get Mike/Turtle's ongoing support on both NOF and other issues - makes NOF a lot nearer the product it should be !

I left NOF a year or so again (and am not coming back) but still keep my hosting there for a couple of sites (aside from quality hosting - the support for both my remaining couple of NOF sites and general knowledge make it worth every penny).

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Paper Monitor View Post
    If you want solid hosting on a NOF friendly basis why dont you look at gotfusion.

You also get Mike/Turtle's ongoing support on both NOF and other issues - makes NOF a lot nearer the product it should be !

I left NOF a year or so again (and am not coming back) but still keep my hosting there for a couple of sites (aside from quality hosting - the support for both my remaining couple of NOF sites and general knowledge make it worth every penny).

Hello ilewis,

What Senior Paper Monitor refers to is

www.gotHosting.biz

www.gotFusion.com

I hope it helps. Bon chance!
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Could someone explain or do a video of how to use filezilla please. I have always uploaded right through NOF but it won't work any more. I get a message that I have connected but nothing ever changes.

ummm just google filezilla video......see also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCGctsHKizw
    and https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ftp/filezilla/

But really you should get to the bottom of WHY inbuilt ftp is not working. You can Test the connection and is comes back ok?
    What are your other settings in for NOF ftp?