Thread: Ver 12 Site - Master Border Gone - Menu - Cannot Get out of "Not Responding"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ver 12 Site - Master Border Gone - Menu - Cannot Get out of "Not Responding"

We have a site: http://www.filcro-media-staffing.com/ that was built in 12 and seems to be severly corrupted.

When I can get it open the Master Border area is Blank, Menus etc....

When try to do anything the site just goes into "Not Responding" even if you let it sit for hours.

It's parked on my server, so it still functions to the public, but all the files on my PC are not working.

Is there solution to this?

Thank you and best regards,

Tony

Do you have an exported template from when the site was working?
    Do you have any backups from when the site was working (not as good as templates but can sometimes be used to recover a non-working site)?
    If the answer to these is 'no' you may be better off rebuilding the site using your existing assets, exporting templates at regular intervals. As you have all the content it may not take too long since you'll just be cutting and pasting existing content.

Default Thank you for Helping :) I found an Old Backup

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Do you have an exported template from when the site was working?
    Do you have any backups from when the site was working (not as good as templates but can sometimes be used to recover a non-working site)?
    If the answer to these is 'no' you may be better off rebuilding the site using your existing assets, exporting templates at regular intervals. As you have all the content it may not take too long since you'll just be cutting and pasting existing content.
    Franko, thank you for helping. I found an old backup and used it. Just had to cut and paste as you stated.

I hope you have a good weekend!

Tony

P.S. Really want to upgrade to 15... Scared the transition will be complicated from old sites

The transition isn't complicated as long as you follow the recommended procedure.
    1. Verify all assets
    2. Delete any unused assets
    3. Verify again
    4. Export a template
    5. In 2015 File > New Site From Template>

Doing it this way creates a zip file with all the sites assets included. Creating a new site from that template is the best and only way to migrate sites, and you still have your old version untouched.

I make a diary note to backup on a regular basis and use a new name for the site usually including some date format. I have had problems with opening the NOFs and recovering a working version is a real headache.

I also do regulat re-optimise and checking of assets.

So regular backups and copies is now the rule.

Well... I thought I had it fixed.... Everything form the Layout to the Master Border is blank Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF - 12 Missing Layout to Master Border.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	2620 - If I can get the sight back... I want to convert to 15... I think I'm going to jump off a building!!!!!