Thread: Java Runtime Enviroment problem

Default Java Runtime Enviroment problem

Hi all,

I have recently opened up fusion to do some updates to my website, only to be greeted by the following message.

"The Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE) could not be found on your system. Please install a JRE end restart Fusion if you wish to be able to use all of its capabilities."

Once I click OK and go to publish, another warning pops up; "JDK not installed!!"

I have uninstalled and re-installed both JDK and JRE, even restarting my computer, both lead to no change.

Would someone be able to throw some light on this for me please? Screen shots bellow.

Thank you in advance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NetObjects 1.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	2611

Name:	NetObjects 2.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	2612

Which version 32?/64? bit & ver 7?/8? is installed? Did Java just do an automatic update? Netobjects is a 32 bit program. Some newer versions of Java can cause problems where earlier versions may not.
    Last edited by rick6811; 03-13-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for replying. According to the Java Control panel, Version 8, update 121 - Pic attached. When I downloaded Java, I selected 64bit because that's what my system is. Maybe I should uninstall the 64bit java and try to install the 32bit?

Name:	JavaVersion.png 
Views:	537 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	2613

you can leave the 64bit java

but you need the 32bit java for Nof

Thanks all for your help and advise. After installing the 32bit JRE item, it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.