Thread: Shouldn't we buy this company NOF ?

Default Shouldn't we buy this company NOF ?

Yes, this is the question!

We, the veterans, can chip in and buy NOF.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Oh my, do not tell me that after all these many years of heavy NOF usage, you have no savings to invest.
    This is not what I want to hear!
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Starting to sound like 2001 all over again.....
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Starting to sound like 2001 all over again.....
    Hi there,

I have no clue what happened in 2001, but I believe NetObjects Inc. should add a Responsive Email Designer like the makers of CoffeeCup.com

Diversifying among more products, will make the company come back to its former glory.

What exactly do we need to buy the company? The will?

I do not believe the lack of funds is the cause.
    Many NOFers and NOFists can chip in a few bucks to buy shares and extend this way the life of the software maker longer into the future.

Owners, users and tech support guys rolled into one business.
    Who can ask for more?

Gosh - I am not sure of tax implications of so many investors from all parts of the globe.....and probably would not be enough to buy (unless it's in trouble and sold at a peppercorn price). So, we all chip in.....but to move ahead and hire staff to develop would need working capital - ok, maybe it could be arranged through city finances...but they would need to be shown that a due diligence process had been gone through - who does that......the legal cost alone would be astronomical....
    Nice idea but.....

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Gosh - I am not sure of tax implications of so many investors from all parts of the globe.....and probably would not be enough to buy (unless it's in trouble and sold at a peppercorn price). So, we all chip in.....but to move ahead and hire staff to develop would need working capital - ok, maybe it could be arranged through city finances...but they would need to be shown that a due diligence process had been gone through - who does that......the legal cost alone would be astronomical....
    Nice idea but.....
    Hello gprit,

You got the right idea.
    It is not necessary for investors from all the parts of the world.
    The company can easily move offshore and a few guy guys who know everything about how NOF works can be on the board of directors.

Hell no, no city finances. Never. It would have to be a private entity and switched to public entity if and when needed.

Legal cost astronomical?
    Not at all. To register a simple company offshore costs US$500 - $2,000 and there is NO NEED WHATSOEVER to pay high end prices at the start. The Owner(s) can add memorandums as needed.

I am glad that at least I have you as someone to talk to on this topic, although I doubt NetObjects Inc. will ever be bought by some folks from this forum.

It seems the word 'offshore' scared the s**t out of NOFers and NOFists, and the thread went cold.

What to do, it just happens ...

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    It seems the word 'offshore' scared the s**t out of NOFers and NOFists, and the thread went cold.
    Hardly. You think people [through a forum] are going to throw money at this show you have??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUN_CITY_LOIS_450.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	2635

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    What exactly do we need to buy the company? The will?
    LOL. That's about it if you have no intellect when buying/selling/rallying money concerning intellectual capital. Please be real, but I enjoy the entertainment.

Trying to be funny with friends, conversation sadly steered my brain [in commonplace auto-pilot] towards me orally farting out a tired cliche, "... well then, I have swamp land in Florida to sell you". The person I was
    speaking to gave me the perfect response; "How'd you get stuck with it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape
    Hardly. You think people [through a forum] are going to throw money at this show you have??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUN_CITY_LOIS_450.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	2635

LOL. That's about it if you have no intellect when buying/selling/rallying money concerning intellectual capital. Please be real, but I enjoy the entertainment.

Trying to be funny with friends, conversation sadly steered my brain [in commonplace auto-pilot] towards me orally farting out a tired cliche, "... well then, I have swamp land in Florida to sell you". The person I was
    speaking to gave me the perfect response; "How'd you get stuck with it?"
    Hi there,

1). I never solicit money and never will from strangers.
    There simply are too many good causes for which I can make money and there are many great innovators for who to make money.

2). I asked a question and I received answers, including working class type of answer.
    The topic seems now exhausted, so thank you for showing your reactions.