Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to open Fusion 15 on my Windows 10 PC

Default Unable to open Fusion 15 on my Windows 10 PC

A recent problem has been that I cannot open Fusion 15 on my PC. It was running fine up to a couple of weeks ago but now nothing. I can see it in the processes in Task Manager which says it's running but can't get anything on the screen.
    Anyone any ideas as to how this can be overcome. Any help appreciated.

It should show as running under Apps...not processes (background task). What anti-virus are you using? This seems to happen if eg Bit Defender AV has been installed (but usually prior to NOF install). Try disabling/uninstalling anti-virus and reinstallign netobject fusion...THEN re-install /enable anti virus program.

Firefox and NOF work fine together in all the years I have used both of them...

My FF is v 50.1 and I use it with both windows 8 and windows 10....

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    It should show as running under Apps...not processes (background task). What anti-virus are you using? This seems to happen if eg Bit Defender AV has been installed (but usually prior to NOF install). Try disabling/uninstalling anti-virus and reinstallign netobject fusion...THEN re-install /enable anti virus program.
    Thanks for the advice, no luck I'm afraid. Have tried to contact NO support but only ever receive a standard reply telling me I need to buy an update.

so which antivirus are you running? something is blocking Nof until you exclude it from all malwarte and anti virus scanners etc

btw, Nof was made for Win7 and earlier, they never released an update to support Win10

Although I've used both Fusion 2013 and 2015 on Windows 10 for months with no issues at all.

And I'm in the Insiders program and always have the most bleeding edge build installed.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    so which antivirus are you running? something is blocking Nof until you exclude it from all malwarte and anti virus scanners etc

btw, Nof was made for Win7 and earlier, they never released an update to support Win10
    Running Avira AV and up to a few weeks ago NOF2015 was working perfectly. Then it stopped. All I get from support is a discount code to buy a new installation.

ok...so was it running ok with Avira?? or was Avira installed OR updated when the problem started?
    Suggestion: uninstall both programs (make sure you can reinstall and have serial nubers for both).
    First - re-install NOF2015 - is it working correctly and running in Task Manager under Apps without Avira???
    Second - re-install Avira - is NOF2015 still working correctly or is it now showing in Task Manager under Background Tasks?

What operating system are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by ncroberts View Post
    Running Avira AV and up to a few weeks ago NOF2015 was working perfectly. Then it stopped. All I get from support is a discount code to buy a new installation.
    be sure to exclude all three Netobjects folder from Avira

if it still fails, uninstall Avira and use something different like Nod32 antivirus from eset.com which works fine here