Thread: What happend to the Create a Site Map for Search Engines option?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What happend to the Create a Site Map for Search Engines option?

Hi,
    Does anyone have the Create a Site Map for Search Engines check box in their Publish Settings dialog box?
    It has disappeared from mine, I'm not getting any exposure for search engine listings.

Do't ever remember seeing this.....I checked on my NOF10 version and it's not there either.....
    Easy enough to generate sitemap using (there are many) something like https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
    You will need to submut using a Google Webmaster account (which you will find beneficial anyway).

Some hosting companies (eg the one I use Heartinternet.uk) have a button to generate sitemap and submit to Google all in one go....

In addition to the Live URL field, the WiKi specifies the additional required step of checking the Create Site Map box, if it were visible. I remember it being there, and there are sitemap.xml and robots.txt files in the root directory dated April 2016.

You can always fool Google into passing the Responsiveness test by adding a few lines of code to the Master border html on the landing page.

Yes, That's it.
    It's not where the WiKi says it is.
    Thanks

Creating site map in SEO is a kind of structured data that provides additional information to the user.Google index the websites timely whether it is responsive or not and it might be in your case that your map got erased automatically.Doing local SEO would help you to start understanding the process from root level.

Quote Originally Posted by atscomms View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone have the Create a Site Map for Search Engines check box in their Publish Settings dialog box?
    It has disappeared from mine, I'm not getting any exposure for search engine listings.
    It does not matter much anymore.
    Google and all the followers (Yahoo, MSN, excite, lycos, askjeeves) are now indexing websites according to whether the website is responsive or not.
    Not responsive, your website will MAYBE, perhaps, in all probabilities be the first after the last responsive site in the search results.

Try to distinguish yourself by your website content, not by keywords, meta tags, SEO's and other tricks!
    Good luck!

Like always, less is more.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.