Thread: Greek Language Support.

Smile Greek Language Support.

Dear members

I have downloaded a trial version of Corel Website Creator. After making the menu items for a website (for learning purposes) the Greek names on menu pages are not shown in Preview mode.

Does the above application support a Web site in Greek language?
    The ISO codes for supported languages do not contain Greek characters.

The mentioned application is not supported, now, from Corel. They adviced me to ask for help from you.
    I'm not able to write in the HTML Code section anything, but I have saved some guidance in the forum, for Multilanguage Support. Does this will help?

Yours

John Kanellopoulos

If you use html 5 as your html output and utf-8 as your character set, plus you have Greek fonts installed on your computer, you should, I would have thought, have been able to use Greek characters as they are still single byte characters and utf-8 supports pretty much all character sets. You may also need to have a Greek keyboard installed, as I do as I need to use Biblical Greek in my ministery. I haven't tried using Greek with NoF though, as I'm on a Mac and only fire up a windows virtual machine when I really need to use Fusion.

Father Franko,

I thank you so much, for your very prompt answer. NetObjects do support, Greek(ISO-8859-7), but as a novice user I didn't notice it immediately. In your answer, you have wrote that you use Biblical Greek in your ministery. Do you mean that you know the Greek language? In fact, Biblical Greek is very nice because the polytonic writing is used and the fonts used are also very nice. It seems that NetObjects application is a legacy one and in another post you have mentioned to someone else, that there is no need to reinvent the Wheel again.

I have, also, installed in my computer Serif WebPlus X7 and X8, products of a British Company. They are quite easier than NetObjects but I think that they don't make Interactive Web sites. I have Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit, although my i7 processor, 1st generation, supports a 64 bit operating system, but I bought my PC seven years ago. Do you suggest Serif or NetObjects?

My best wishes to Tasmania.

April 22nth 2017, local time 21:08

God Bless you Father Franko,

With respect

John Kanellopoulos

Hi John, I don't speak Greek as i've never been immersed in a Greek speaking culture. I do read and understand Koine Greek as this is what the New Testament scriptures are written in, as you know, and I find it useful to go back to the original Greek to understand what they are actually saying. I could give you dozens of examples where the English translations (and I have 12 of them) don't fully capture the meaning of the Greek.

As far as web tools go. I am now using CoffeeCup Foundation Framer as it takes a mobile-first approach using the Foundation framework. None of the three apps you've mentioned - as far as I'm aware - is capable of producing responsive sites. I am hoping very much that Netobjects will bring out an updated version sometime soon that will produce responsive output while keeping its unmatched ease of use interface for site development and management.

Blessings, John.

frank