Thread: Opening splash screen missing

Default Opening splash screen missing

All my web design user files including backups Local Publish files have been stored an a separate Drive D.
    Recently I copied everything over to a new drive (I because the D: drive was making strange noises.
    First problem was that my registration FusionSettings.ini file needed a copy to be left on the D: drive otherwise the program wouldn't open Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page Cant be displayed.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	2636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Serial Number Problem.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	2637
    OK I left that file link on D: drive but then there was no NOF 2015 regular splash screen. Only the message above. As I have a upgrade from full version of NOF 2012 to NOF 2015 installed on C: drive, what is the best solution to solve my problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rick6811 View Post
    Reinstall NOF on a drive that is local and that works. Separating pieces of an installed program onto more than one lettered drive or to different folders is bound to cause problems. Ini files usually contain windows paths that are probably not valid after you split the installation. You can't move stuff around after it's installed.
    Have just done as you suggested. Uninstalled NOF15, Installed program again. Run as administrator with no other programs running and the Antivirus and firewall turned off. Installation went ahead and did its thing then said it was registering.

Now NOF15 doesn't open up at all.
    I see in the Windows 10 taskmanager, NOF 15 is running with a CPU of 13.4% ... Yet nothing on the screen. If I try to open again the program, another open version is running in the taskmanager as well.

HELP PLEASE

Well done rick6811. Im sure others that are having re install problems should follow your suggestion of running the free winutilities and cleaning the registry. I had all my web files on another drive than the C: drive used for program install, and the splash screen showed them immediately as last sites opened/ updated. Cant praise you enough as I had tried many different ways to get functionality back.

can you confirm that 32bit java is installed? Nof needs it to function (64bit java won't work with Nof)
    www.java.com