Thread: Rollover issue

Default Rollover issue

Hi,
    Hope someone out there can help.

I developed a small website which I manage for a small church www.rgcf.co.uk - I created some Rollover pictures and links to navigate around the website. Using Google all the Rollover pictures display and work fine, but view it in MS Edge, or Mozilla Firefox and some, not all, of the pictures disappear. This was not the case originally. So, I've tried renaming the rollover pictures, firstly ensuring they had underscores between spaces in the names, but that didn't work. Next I renamed some taking the spaces out all together and that didn't work either. Some pictures display when loaded, some of the rollover pictures display when you 'Rollover' them, but not all.

In desperation, I re published the entire website, that didn't work. Next I decided to do a local publish and all the Rollover 'buttons' display locally in MS Edge . So instead of publishing via Netobjects 12, I FTPd the entire site up manually. Still the same problem. I'm pulling my hair out - what's left. On my computer the rollovers work in MS Edge, MS Explorer and Mozilla. But open the website itself and the Rollovers aren't working.

Any suggestions gratefully received as the client is getting annoyed at the site without the rollover buttons.

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas site is http://www.rgcf.co.uk/

Cheers
    David

If the site works ok in Local Publish then the site itself is ok. The issue is on the server. First do a new clean Local Publish having first deleted anything in the Local Publish folder. Check the new Local Publish fully. Then go into your server a deleted the site from the html document root downwards so that nothing is left. Then check the file permissions to make sure they have read permissions. Check your Control Panel to make sure there isn't some kind of image protection thingy that you've accidentally activated. Then upload the newly Locally Published site to the document root on your server. Clear your browser cache (as a developer you should always do this when viewing your site to make sure you are seeing the latest version). If you still have an issue you need to contact your host support because there's something on the server that's either preventing the images from being displayed or from being uploaded in the first place.

The other thing that comes to mind is that Image Rollovers use Java and the later versions of browsers may block Java from executing for security reasons. Switch to the navigation component in NoF (which uses Javascript) or, if you want a better looking menu where buttons are of different lengths depending on the content, use CSS3 (there are online CSS menu generators on the web) for a clean, light and modern menu.
    Last edited by franko; 05-10-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Maybe issue in file .htaccess
    Last edited by Mayya17; 05-27-2017 at 08:35 AM.