Thread: NOF9 will not open my site made in NOF9.....says it needs a later version to open it.

Default NOF9 will not open my site made in NOF9.....says it needs a later version to open it.

Have been using NOF since about 2004, starting with NOF8, upgraded to NOF9 and updated to v9.10.0000.5039, which is current.
    After a hard drive failure a few years ago, I reloaded NOF9 onto a new drive (Win XP), put my backup 'site folder' into the NOF User Sites folder and carried on.
    Similar thing has happened again so loaded NOF9 onto my laptop drive (Win 10), put my backup 'site folder' into NOF User Site folder, but now find that site will not open..........saying 'site made with a later version of NOF'. I don't understand this, as I have never had or used a later version than I now have! If anyone can help please, without getting too technical, I'll be very grateful.
    Thanks a lot,
    Ian.

Not sure you can use version 9 on windows 10 without some problems.

After XP the older software that ran out of windows areas needed administration permissions to even run.

From your description it appears that your update is not the same version you were previously running.

Even uising exported templates, using import/export starting with a clean install on a different OS is problimatic.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=17

Copying files is not the way to go as you can easily miss things such as registry entries, etc.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for reply gotFusion. It worked first time, but like you say, Win 10 is a whole new ball game and the question was a last ditch attempt to stay with NOF9, which has worked perfectly for me for many years! I guess it will be an upgrade to NOF15 now, so any advice will be good. Do I just download 15, and use the existing NOF9 Key? or is it trickier than that? Also, is the existing NOF9 built site compatible with NOF15? Hopefully, no more questions after this.
    Thanks,
    Ian.

Up grading is a 2 step process.

#1.... Buy the upgrade

#2... follow the suggested site project upgrade process http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=2
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi gotFusion, and thanks for the above info. I read through your page from the link above, which was very helpful. Can you just clarify one point for me though. You say " If you are installing an Upgrade Version you will be prompted for a serial number of a qualifying product (any full version of 3, 4, 5, MX,* 7, or 7.5 are qualifying products." I have NOF9 with the last update issued (v9.10.0000.5039) installed, and your list stops at NOF7.5. If I load NOF2015, will it find and use my NOF9 Key, or will it only recognize versions up to NOF7.5. I don't want to buy the upgrade only to find it won't load. Thanks for your help.

It won't search and find your NoF 9 serial number but will ask you to input it during installation.

I installed NOF 2015 and it all went very smoothly, so I'm very happy about that. I opened my website from a template and that went smoothly too! Now I have a different problem...........when I click the server connection Test button in 'Publish' it says successful for the connection, which means all the server/password details are correct but I'm unable to upload any page or asset. Next step is to contact my web host, although if you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them. Thanks for your support.

I read through your page from the link above, which was very helpful.