Thread: How to get Go Menu to do anything ?

Default How to get Go Menu to do anything ?

Can anyone point me to an article, video or any proper step by step instruction on how to use the Go Menu. My problem is that I just cannot generate the links from inside the Go Menu Dialog (or anywhere else). The description in the online manual is woefully inadequate. I have tried for hours at this to no avail. I get a menu up, but it doesn't do anything. HELP !!!

Must admit, in all my years usig NOF I have never heard of Go Menu, let alone use it.
    What exactly are you tryi ng to do??? Insert a navigation bar on the website???

The Go Menu has its limitations.

Here's an alternative you may want to try.

http://www.beyondfusion.com/html/tutorial-combonav.php
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi gprit,

and thanks for replying.

Go Menu was suggested a while back by someone. What I actually want is a simple menu button that drops down a list of names, each name having a link to a Profile of the individual on another page somewhere. I have tried "flyout" navigation bars but nothing seems to happen. I have spent about 2 days experimenting with the Navigation Bar menus but I have given up in despair.

My desperation extends to paying someone to help me through this crystal maze, if need be.

I stick with Netobject Fusion 2015 because (other than this) it does everything I want and the results look good. It is like an unhappy marriage to a partner who knows how to look good but with whom it's difficult to communicate !!!

Thanks Chuck, I hadn't seen that one. Is it written for Netobjects Fusion 2015 ? I have tried a number of tutorials from that website and they all seemed to be written for 2013, which is subtly different from 2015 I ways which baffle this old possum.

Anyway I'll give it a whirl now over a cup of tea (yes, a Limey old possum).

I gave the "Make your own Go menu" tutorial a try and unseated the jockey at the first hurdle. What does ""Place a small layout region on your page" mean ? Sorry, this is the level of eejit you are dealing with. It must be very difficult to know at what level to pitch these tutorials. In my case, they need to be at swamp level.
    Best, and thanks again. Old Possum

Use the Layout Region tool in Fusion. Think of it as a sub-layout in the main page layout. Very useful tool.

Works exactly the same in Fusion 2013 and 2015.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi John ...PM me and i will be happy to try and help.

What does "PM me" mean ? Sorry, I only speak English.

I am making some progress with configuring Navigation Bars, by sheer trial, error and note-taking. I can now generate a functioning drop-down menu but it does not do quite what I want. If I don't crack it soon, I will get back to you. Thanks for the kind offer.

John

Sorry about the terminology(!) It means Private Message me.....click on my profile and under the photo clcik on Send a Privaye Message.
    I can then give you a direct email address to get in touch. I know when I started I had lots of problems with menus/drop downs!