Thread: Fly out menus disappear too quickly

Default Fly out menus disappear too quickly

When I publish my website the fly out menus on the navigation bar disappear before I can click them
    www.co-parkinson.org . Any ideas on how to make these stay long enough for me to click on?

They display just fine for me, staying up until I click off them as they should. So I guess you fixed the problem or it's only in one browser. I'm using Firefox Developer Edition 55.0b6 on OSX Sierra. Have you tested the site in multiple browsers?

I can see your problem here, as soon as you move the mouse to any flyout button, they close because of the space between flyout buttons

you can you eliminate the space
    or
    untick autoclose of flyouts

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    They display just fine for me, staying up until I click off them as they should. So I guess you fixed the problem or it's only in one browser. I'm using Firefox Developer Edition 55.0b6 on OSX Sierra. Have you tested the site in multiple browsers?
    Thank you for your response. The only way I know to check multiple browsers is the preview button. I only have chrome and IE as choices. Can I add more?

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I can see your problem here, as soon as you move the mouse to any flyout button, they close because of the space between flyout buttons

you can you eliminate the space
    or
    untick autoclose of flyouts
    Thank you for your response. I don't like that I have to decrease my border but I did so back to 0 and things seem to be working better but not completely. I polled several of my users in the Parkinson's group who use various browsers and they'll see the problem. So I guess I'll just be happy that users are having a problem.

It's not directly related to your problem, which Anton has answered, but note that Preview is not an accurate way to preview your web site. The only accurate way is to do a Local Publish and then open the index.html page in different browsers and browse the site. I check with Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera as a minimum and on windows, mac OSX, and iOS to make sure I'm covering as much variation as possible.

when using flyout submenus with spaces between buttons, they will not work because the flyout closes as soon as the mouse passes a space, see attached
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...Anton-0084.mp4

also, unticking autoclose flyouts only works when no spacing is used