Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Publish my new website

Exclamation Trying to Publish my new website

Hi all! I'm having a lot of trouble while I'm attempting to publish my newly-created website.

Let me preface this by saying this is the first time that I've ever built a website, and I'm using NetObjects Fusion 12. My company paid someone else to do our website creation and changes, so we do already have a website out there. What I'm trying to do now is REPLACE that old website with the one I have created.

When I type in my information (which I THINK is correct) after I click on "Publish", I then click on "Testing". That comes back saying the testing was a success... that it DID connect.

However, when I try to publish it onto the Internet, it acts like it's uploading my new information. Then it brings me to my website address, but all I see is our old website that has been up there for the past few years.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I realize it could be any number of things, but I have no idea what!! I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks!!

Don't be offended by my asking the obvious - have you tried 'F5' and/or actually cleared the cache manually ?

I'm not offended! Actually, I don't even know what you mean by "cleared the cache". And what does F5 do?

(I'll bet your laughing now. Which I'm completely okay with.)

Refresh the screen - click on the 'little arrow in a near circle' thing just to the left to the URL (web address) in the browser.

If that doesn't give you the new website come back and tell us what browser you are using

I've been looking up information on clearing the cache, and an F5 option... but I'm not finding anything yet. I don't know what they mean/will do for me. I'll keep looking.

Txs.

What is the website address - can you give me a clue as to what to expect on old v new site ?

Take this link and follow excellent instructions ...

http://inkdesign.ca/help/random/refr...r-browser.html

The new site that I created is pretty basic. No pictures or videos... yet. I wanted to upload basic, clean pages first, then add to it later. So basiclaly it's just text and a few tables.

Okay, I'll pull up that link.

Thanks!