Thread: New Computer Install and Java

Default New Computer Install and Java

Hi,

I just bought a new computer and I want to put NOF 2015 on it. The oldest version I have is NOF 2013. Do I need to install NOF 2013 then NOF 2015 or can I simply use the serial number from NOF 2013? Or the one from NOF 2015? If I can install just NOF 2015 will I lose anything like templates that are only in NOF 2013 but show up and can be used in NOF 2015?

I ran into a problem a long time ago about NOF 2015 wanting the 32 bit version of Java even on a 64 bit machine and ran both versions simultaneously. Has this been solved? I thought about running from a virtual machine with only 32 bit Java but that seems like a lot of wasted resources.

Has the problem with needing admin privileges to view Flash in Preview mode ever been solved?

Thank you
    Philip

if you have a Nof15 serial, there is no need to install Nof13

Nof is a 32bit program so it needs a 32bit version of Java, there is nothing wrong with having 32bit and 64 bit Java installed, however the 64bit version is hardly used since most browsers work best in 32bit because of all the 32bit addons available

I have exact same problem. When I try to run 2015 it gives me this error "Incorrect Ver of FSI.DLL Pls reinstall Net Obj Fus 2015 to fix this problem. I have a backup of my original download of NOF 2015 which I have avoided using for a long time but am going to give it another try and hope there are some updates to it since I bought in late 2014 on its announcement. I need steps on how to install from my back up on my stic. Run "what file", etc. Thanks

make sure you are installing the full 241MB version

Hi, Thank you for the reply and the help.

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    Nof is a 32bit program so it needs a 32bit version of Java
    I hate to disagree. In any other case I would agree with you but Java is an exception because it runs in a virtual machine (JVM) and the compiled byte code should be handled by the JVM which would take care of 32 or 64 bitness (they are abstracted at the language level where int is a signed 32 bit integer and long is a signed 64 bit integer) thus the write once run anywhere theme. The only time there are dependencies are when native libraries are used (usually C++ libraries which are compiled 32 or 64 bit). NOF ought to be able to use any version since there are many people that write code on a 32 bit system to be run on a 64 bit system and all a user is doing in this case is placing a class file, applet, servlet or a Bean into the webpage to be generated. The actual byte code might be run on a 32 system if it was something simple like an animation but that same bytecode could run on a 64 bit server, look up data, modify it and then send to a 32 bit web browser. the output should be abstracted to a standard any machine can use.

there is nothing wrong with having 32bit and 64 bit Java installed
    Every time I upgrade the 64 bit version, Oracle asks if I want to delete the 32 bit version because it is considered a security risk because of the ease malware could use it to gain entry into a system

however the 64bit version is hardly used since most browsers work best in 32bit because of all the 32bit addons available
    That may very well be true, it makes perfect sense.

Thank you
    Philip

Hi, Try this thread

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...I-DLL-detected

It is strange but a keyword search on FSI.DLL does not return any results. Searched for FSI.DLL and Netobjects off forum and found several suggestions from this very forum. One said try running as Admin but there were several that it could be malware

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...bjects-13-load

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ion-Essentials

Philip