Thread: Freezing a header

Default Freezing a header

Is there a way to freeze a header (similar to the function in Excel) in NOF 12 so that it does not disappear when you scroll down?

I don't have NoF open right now but from memory there are some styles and/or templates that have this feature. You might want to have a loot at them and see how they do it. Alternatively, modify one of those. Everything (all assets at any rate) in an NoF style is customisable without changing the underlying function.

Franko,

Thanks for your response but I am afraid it was too general and it hasn't helped me. I am still looking for a way to lock a header in the layout area and the data under it scrolls up or down. I just haven't had any luck locating info on this issue so maybe it cannot be done. If you have a chance, could you look at this and provide a solution if there is one. By the way, I am a novice user of NOF12. Thank you.

It appears you are talking about HTML frames.

Google that and let us know if this is what you want

Frames are built into Fusion but before explaining tell us if that is your goal
    Last edited by gotFusion; 08-22-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Freezing a Header

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    It appears you are talking about HTML frames.

Google that and let us know if this is what you want

Frames are built into Fusion but before explaining tell us if that is your goal
    I have looked at a frames tutorial and I don't know if it will do what I want--I am a novice in this area. I don't know if the information I read is outdated but it recommended that frames not be used for a variety of reasons.

In Excel for example, I can freeze the header by clicking on a setting so the header remains visible even when the data below it is scrolled through.

In the layout area of NOF 12, on one page only, I want a header such as: Home Score Visitor Score. I want this header to remain visible even when the data below it is scrolled. In the layout area of another page, I want a different header that remains stationary when the data below it is scrolled. And so on for a third page.

Sorry for the delay--I was out of town. Thanks for any help.

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Solved

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    I appreciate everyone trying to help me but you really need to consider that I am a novice you provide advice. Referring me to higher level web building tricks just is not helpful. Here is the inelegant solution I came up with. I created a new MasterBorder for the pages in question. I pasted a photo of the text headers I wanted in the new MasterBorder. Then I clicked on the the autoframes top button and that gives me close to what I wanted and it is functional.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Also for creating video header guide. https://www.sktthemes.org/wordpress-...ers-wordpress/