Thread: Unexpected error msg

Default Unexpected error msg

Sorry to post this request on this thread but I haven't heard anything from a previous thread. Here is my problem:

I have a serious problem with my NOF 12 running on Windows 7. I tried to find a solution on the board but could not locate any information.
    I get an error saying “an unexpected error occurred writing this file. In order to preserve the integrity …”
    I have tried several things that I have found on the internet like delete pages that might be the culprit. I actually deleted about 25 percent of the over 800 pages we have on the site, that didn’t work.
    I tried to export the template and base a new site on the template but nothing, it would crash
    I also tried to reoptimize but same problem.
    I have several backups but they have been damaged also.
    I did purchase the latest NOF but I haven’t installed it yet due to this ongoing problem.
    Any suggestions? This is a corporate information site which took a long time to build and it needs to be up and running again. I can rebuild the site but will take months if not a year and we don’t have that time.

it is difficult to find which page out of 800 is the culprit

Nof is not really the ideal tool for a site with 800 pages

things to try:
    1. asset view, asset menu, delete unused assets, then verify assets
    2. create a new masterborder based on existing and then apply to all pages sharing the same masterborder
    3. delete the old masterborder
    4. asset view, asset menu, delete unused assets, then verify assets (again)
    5. tools, re-optimize