Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great support from Team Netobjects; but NOT for Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Make of it what you will.

Now please don't anyone else offer solutions for replacing a deleted htaccess file; that's not what this is about.
    NetO support has been non existent since they went into bankruptcy in 2001.

That is why GF was started in 2001.

There is currently such a small user base of the product that I no longer offer support for the product outside of my hosting customers along with wordpress, joomla, other cms, and e-commerce products I provide to my hosting customers for free.

I do admin this forum (delete the daily spambots) as a courtesy to Steve but I no longer offer any after the sale support for the product. Haven't in over a year, only access to the free tutorials and web hosting bundled with Fusion support.

http://www.gotfusion.com/subscriptions/

I do know that Steve logs into this forum regularly but I have not spoken to him since the beginning of this year.

I help people which is why I told you how you "should have been able" to get a file restored that you accidentally deleted without you having to start a flame war against the company that hosts this site.

Make of it what you will, just understand that part of my job as admin of this forum is to keep posts like this from exploding.

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Mate, I'm well aware of what you do and the support you give users, who are mostly beginners on the web. I have a great respect for you for this.

I'm sorry if my tone seemed peremptory. I guess I should have state in my initial post that it wasn't about reinstalling an htaccess file but I must confess I thought that was obvious. Apparently not. My intention was simply to express my observation that the future of Fusion is ... koken. Whether or not the Fusion brand will be used in the future is a marketing decision, not a technical one. But the guts of any Fusion app will be - and it's only my opinion, of course - cloud based, template driven and paid for by subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    PS I never get anythin from NOF!
    And yet another one.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	2695

I'm sorry if my tone seemed peremptory. ...
    Ha, ha, ha, ...
    Now I looked up what "peremptory" means and I learnt a new English word ...

Franco, there is always something to learn from you.

... I guess I should have state in my initial post that it wasn't about reinstalling an htaccess file but I must confess I thought that was obvious.
    Haa, ha, ha,
    My htaccess file contains some IP addresses for countries where I do not want my websites to be seen ...
    I always have a copy of the file in Notepad saved in the folder where the NOF website is in my PC.

I wonder how long this forum is going to last and NOF15 becomes a thing of the past ...

... my frankleephoto.com site which runs in Koken. ...
    Oh, my ...
    I went to your website.
    1). I saw pictures with numbers such as .00009, .00009e in the photo name which should not have been there ....

2). I noticed you say "photographed with passion".
    Now Frank, I thought you took pictures with a photo camera, but with 'passion'?

3). I further went to
    http://frankleephoto.com/index.php?/essays/ thinking I would be reading some inspiring thoughts but there is nothing there ...
    You seem not to enjoy Koken as much as NOF.
    Frank, what's going on?

frankleephoto.com is a work in progress. I know I've still got quite a bit to do. I thought I'd removed the essays bit; have to go and do so.

A camera is just an instrument, like a brickies' trowel or a policeman's Glock .40. I know there's a popular belief these days that a good camera takes good pictures and if your pictures aren't any good then it's the fault of the camera, not the photographer. T'aint true, and never has been. Most of my early commercial photography was done on a 4" x 5" view camera and occasionally a 8" x 10". Laterally reversed, upside down image. Camera anchored to a massive studio stand or tripod. Exposure had to be calculated allowing for bellows extension. Most of the best advertising photo's of all time were taken on such cameras as this. Today photographers rely on photoshop and many, if not most, advertising product images are created with cgi.

Thankfully I don't have to rely on either photography or web development for a living now. I'm on an aged pension, minister in two parishes (for which I don't get paid) and do the occasional job for extra pocket money.

Thankfully I don't have to rely on either photography or web development for a living now. I'm on an aged pension, minister in two parishes (for which I don't get paid) and do the occasional job for extra pocket money.
    Frank, you will never age! ...
    And if one day your websites will be gone, they will keep on shining from WayBack Machine ...
    http://web.archive.org/web/*/netobjects.com

I have quite a few sites archived on wayback, including the first ecommerce site ever created in Australia, in 1996: https://web.archive.org/web/19961220...sdirect.com.au