Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great support from Team Netobjects; but NOT for Fusion

Default Great support from Team Netobjects; but NOT for Fusion

Yesterday I did something rather stupid and accidentally deleted the .htaccess file from my frankleephoto.com site which runs in Koken. And this meant I could no longer access my web site, and nor could anybody else.

So late last night I lodged a support request and when I logged on this morning there was an email with the solution - signed by Team Netobjects. I think that demonstrates just where Fusion is in Netobjects' business strategy as I haven't seen anyone from Team Netobjects on here in a very long time, but the couple of times I've needed support for Koken it has been simply brilliant.

certainly not a pro with htaccess == but could not just FTP the file into your site?

Quote Originally Posted by TheeDragon View Post
    certainly not a pro with htaccess == but could not just FTP the file into your site?
    sorry, not sure what you mean? you open notepad and paste the code I provided and then save as ".htaccess" without the quotes

then use filezilla to place it where your index.html is

Koken creates the htaccess file automatically when installed. Once deleted I needed the content for the file. Once I had that I did indeed ftp it to the server and everything was ok.

The point I was making is that Team Netobjects provides excellent and fast support for Koken but NOT for Fusion which to me indicates where their priorities lie.

Did you ask your host to restore the accidentally deleted file?

If they don't keep backups, you got the wrong host.

My data center backups of all server files on all servers (mail, database, http, stats, the works) and retain them for 14 days.

I've restored single email folders (inbox) for customers who hit the wrong key at the wrong time.

Restoring your .htaccess file would take less time than it would take for you to ask for it to be done.

Contact your host and make sure your content is backed up by them.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

We're getting off the point I was making. I use Superb.net and have for nearly 20 years. They have total redundancy and backups but it was quicker and easier to contact koken support who offered a very quick and easy solution as the htaccess file is basically only a redirect from the document root to the folder where koken is installed if its not at the document root.

Again, my point is this: Team Netobjects offer almost immediate tech support for koken users but seem to be completely absent from Fusion support. Make of it what you will. I know what I've deduced from that.

Now please don't anyone else offer solutions for replacing a deleted htaccess file; that's not what this is about.

the starange thing is I get at least one email per week from steve@teamnetobjects.com inviting me to upgrade to Nof15, very funny since I have been using Nof15 for many years

Clearly a script and they've never been very good at managing their database. Steve probably doesn't even realise the script is still running and sending out these emails. I just don't think 'Team Netobjects' is very interested in Fusion any longer. And, really, with good reason.

1. It's a client app that only runs on a single PC.
    2. It's OS dependent and the worst of all OS's at that.
    3. Cloud based apps make much more sense. They're OS independent. They're great for collaboration. They provide an ongoing stream of income. They don't require a large one-off purchase price; more people can afford a small subscription.

My takeout: Netobjects is focussing all its development resources on extending Koken and has pretty much consigned Fusion to the dustbin of history (with apologies to Trotsky).

On the other hand Franko.......actually prefer software that runs on my PC.

a) I travel around and it's not always possible to link up to the internet for hours to develop a website online.
    b) My permanent location in France does not offer unlimited upload/download (50gb/month which gets eaten with my wife and son video streaming).
    c) I prefer to have all my applications secure under my control.
    d) I actually prefer to pay upfront for software rather than monthly. I haven't switched to other options for just that reason. £x / month for this...£x month for that etc soon adds up.

How much is collaboration really used to build most websites?

PS I never get anythin from NOF!

Quote Originally Posted by gprit;88859PS
    I never get anythin from NOF!
    I still get regular (weekly/fortnightly) adverts to two email addresses, often they say something like 'when it's gone it's gone'
    Obviously quite a few copies still available for download.... just a pity NOF don't have the honesty to advertise it properly:
    "Excellent but dated web design software, buyer beware, if you hit problems you're on your own!"