Thread: Navigation buttons please themselves what they do?

Default Navigation buttons please themselves what they do?

I have been using NOF since 2 and I’m still on 12 with XP which works fine for me, except for one annoying thing I can’t solve myself—and I have tried for three months.
    I use Museum as my nav bar because I like the style, but I only want to use the secondary button, and no fly outs or rollovers or anything, just the secondary button. The problem is that when I publish, some pages show the primary button, (which is much larger than the secondary and mucks up my layout), and other pages are correct. I examine the nav property box and they are exactly the same, then I re-do the nav properties and the page publishes correctly, but another page has switched itself to the primary button.
    I know I’m old and ancient and all that, but something must be causing this. Help please.

In Style View duplicate your style and then edit it so that the only button(s) in the style is the one(s) you want. Then set that style.

Hi Franko,
    I’m sure I tried something like that.
    I went into the style and deleted everything except the secondary button, then saved it. But the damn think still reverted to the primary button on some pages.
    Is that what you are suggesting?
    If you look at the website. www.schooner-britannia.com you will see what I’m talking about.
    I’ve been to Tazzy, wonderful island.
    JR

Did you set the button you want in all four states in both primary and secondary buttons in Style View? And not just delete everything else and just leave the secondary button? The script will look for all four states in the two different button levels and you need to have a button set for each one, even if it is the same button in each.

The reason some pages do not show changes is because:

1) they were not replaced with the new pages containing the changed content

2) a page name was changed but not all pages uploaded and some pages call the old name.

Best thing to do is a clean local publish.

1) Delete the contents of your local publish and preview folders.
    2) Select full site local publish.
    3) Test to be sure that you do not see any old content,
    4) if all is fine, upload everything to your domain.

If you see old content after step #3, you can address those pages. More than likely the style that is being used by the nav component is not the one you made the changes in and the button component is calling the wrong/older style.

First thing to do is a clean up and clean local publish (i.e. remove any and all orphan content/pages)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz