Thread: Lots of White Space in Published Pages not shown in NOF Editor

Default Lots of White Space in Published Pages not shown in NOF Editor

I'm using NOF 15 on Windows 7. I'm using a template shipped with NOF (Deco Gray I think). The site is up and published at irmedicalcenter.com. However, I notice now that many pages are showing a ton of white space where there is none in NOF proper. I am not sure what the issue is or how to go about fixing it. If someone has an idea for me on what to look for, or how to address this directly I would be grateful. Thank You.

Hello,

By the doctype, it looks like you are publishing with html 4.01 and you should be publishing with HTML5.

You can find that in tools, options, current site and under publishing. Change it to html5.

The template that you used may have been one designed for an older version of NOF and the default install for that template was html 4.01

Is it the large white spaces at the bottom of the pages.

Gary

Thank You for the response. The white space I mean is the stuff near the bottom of the pages. The site publish setting was already set at HTML5, but many of the pages override that setting by using HTML 4.01. If I publish using HTML 5 then things really get screwed up. I use a carousel for example, and instead of the carousel working as you'd expect, all of the included images are shown vertically, and all of the formatting is messed up, etc. So, I'm not sure. I loved it when WYSIWYG in NOF could be entirely counted upon. I guess we've ridden this product as far as it can be ridden. NOF certainly isn't interested in pursuing it as a product anymore I don't think. Thanks for responding to my plea for assistance.

Not only are you publishing in html 4.01 but you have NO charset set. Did you create this site in a previous version and then bring it in to 2015? If so, how did you import it? Template (after verifying all objects and deleting any unused objects and then optimizing the site?) or did you simply open the .nod file?

Somewhere along the line outdated code has gotten in. My recommendation would be to redo the site from scratch (there aren't that many pages and you already have all the assets; copy them all to the new site assets folder and place them from there), making sure your site options are set to: html 5.0 dynamic, charset: utf-8. This will probably be quicker than trying to figure out and correct the code that's causing the problems and you'll have a clean site going forward. I could do 5 pages in around 2 hours if I had all the assets.