Thread: I have a bad feeling for the first time ...

Default I have a bad feeling for the first time ...

... that all of us are in Alcatraz jail island sentenced to different terms starting with the date when everyone of us purchased NOF.
    We made websites for customers, for ourselves, not to mention NOF support portals.
    It's quiet in Alcatraz. All of us work busily on designing new websites or improve the old ones we have made.
    It's quiet.
    Too quiet for what we have been accustomed so far.
    It becomes obvious that the jail management and wardens left the island without noise and the shift stopped coming, there simply is nobody to tend to us like before.
    Locked in our cells, we shout for anybody who is still on the compound to come and open the doors.
    We need to take a shower, not to mention we need new striped clothes and wash the dirty ones.
    Nobody answers to our loud noises. Indeed, the jail management, all staff and wardens are gone without a word exactly at a time when we needed one the most.
    Who is going to break the door at his cell and help the others come out? Who is the leader for this episode? How can we too leave this island jail?

We may have served our sentences already without knowing. It's time to do smtg to get out of here.
    We all will go separate ways, no doubt, but now we must try to break the doors since there is absolutely nobody to open them for us.
    It seems we have to escape now that nobody from the jail hierarchy is trying to stop us

What do you say: do we leave this place of pain, NOF Alcatraz, to go to other shores and start all over to make new websites with other WYSIWYG software packages?
    Will we repeat past mistakes or just make new ones?

I'm using Coffee Cup for my latest sites. Foundation, Bootstrap frameworks, drag and drop coding. You just need to know a little about html to be able to use them. But I come back here occasionally to see if there's a new version yet. Sorry, this bird's flown the coop.

This is nothing when compared to the exodus of users when Fusion 5 was released.

Conservative estimate is 85% of the product user base moved on. The few that stayed, went back to using Fusion 4.

I still think Fusion 4 was the cleanest product they released.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I agree. I used Fusion 4 at IBM back in the late nineties. But the web has moved on a long way since then and Fusion hasn't kept up. I'd love to see Fusion return with the capabilities of some of the other apps like CC's responsive suite of apps, but I've been waiting so long I just don't think it's going to happen any longer. But I felt the same way back in 2000? when Fusion had no owners any longer and before WSP came to the rescue. I remember the relief when first MX and then version 7 came out. 7 was a darn good product too. I have no doubt that if Fusion comes out in a modern, responsive version I will return to it with alacrity.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I'm using Coffee Cup for my latest sites. Foundation, Bootstrap frameworks, drag and drop coding. You just need to know a little about html to be able to use them. But I come back here occasionally to see if there's a new version yet. Sorry, this bird's flown the coop.
    Wow Frank, you a bird disguised as NOF jailbird! ... Who would have thought that?
    Make sure you do not steal code and coding techniques because the owners will send you back to Alcatraz when it is going to be totally empty.
    You will find not even one of NOFists or NOFers, and there will be nobody to offer you coffee cups of any size or aromas anymore ...
    How you flew the coop ... I guess the warden failed to lock you in a cell or cage for flying birds. to begin with. Or maybe you bribed him with a colorful webpage, did you?

(I am on my smartphone now, and I cannot see the emoticons here...)

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I agree. I used Fusion 4 at IBM back in the late nineties. But the web has moved on a long way since then and Fusion hasn't kept up. I'd love to see Fusion return with the capabilities of some of the other apps like CC's responsive suite of apps, but I've been waiting so long I just don't think it's going to happen any longer. But I felt the same way back in 2000? when Fusion had no owners any longer and before WSP came to the rescue. I remember the relief when first MX and then version 7 came out. 7 was a darn good product too. I have no doubt that if Fusion comes out in a modern, responsive version I will return to it with alacrity.
    See?
    There have been many riots and escapes from Alcatraz when jailed NOFists, NOFers and Fusionists in pain behind bars could not take it anymore.
    By the time you shall return to Alcatraz, it will be completely deserted.
    You will have to organize a team of new NOF fans, call them code perpetrators.
    For what position will you apply to be incarcerated again?
    Sure I shall join you but only as Chief-in-Command. (If you vote for me, I promise to make you a few favors from time to time)...

Imagine a jail populated and managed 100% by jailbirds! Nobody will try to run away from three free good meals a day.
    Do not forget to bring several dozens copies of the long waited-for new responsive NOF software with you when it's out for the rest of us who will be in!

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    This is nothing when compared to the exodus of users when Fusion 5 was released.

Conservative estimate is 85% of the product user base moved on. The few that stayed, went back to using Fusion 4.

I still think Fusion 4 was the cleanest product they released.
    I started with v4, skipped the next ones and upgraded to v7 when it has been released.
    Why?
    I mastered v4 and saw no reason to spend $$$ on neighboring, back-to-back versions when I already spent US$600.
    I love to spend little and gain a lot.

I used a coffee mug for my last website. Basic repairs, system boot, plugins and drop. All you have to do is know something about HTML to use it. But sometimes I go back to see if there are new translations. Sorry, this bird is flying with coal.