Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Pardon me if it sounds silly but ...

  1. #31
    Senior Member Since_v4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Caribbean
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape View Post
    Same with a site I had to convert quickly. There are new accessibility laws here in Canada and websites (for some companies) need to comply with mobility being one of the requirements. I did it without any capital outlay because it was my first responsive site and I still hadn't decided on what to use, but had to do something fast to keep the customer. Mobirise had virtually no learning curve and I now all I have left are some soft tweaks.
    http://www.deanconstructioncompany.com/

    They don't have a CMS type block but experimenting with Cushy CMS has worked perfectly, still keeping such pages responsive.
    Beach Ape,
    Do you want this post deleted too?

    http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...-Forum-Account
    Last edited by Since_v4; 10-23-2017 at 02:47 PM. Reason: (added link to thread about *delete* option)
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Since_v4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Caribbean
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    not sure what you mean? why should I add a form when I have an email link, phone and cell link and a map? it takes 5 sec to add a form if I want one, can you tell me why I should have one?
    I always use forms. First to obtain all the info in order to assess the sender and to add it to the d-base quickly.
    Secondly, using forms hides my email stopping spammers dead on their tracks.

    I also use forwarders. When I get one spam / week for two weeks, I delete the forwarder and create a new one. I do this since 1997 when I began making websites for others and me.
    I NEVER get spammed more that 1-2 emails this way.

    I have a form with ... 19 fields on a website, the others have only 5-6 fields.

    Anton, you are a pro and undoubtedly can do what you see best for you.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Since_v4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Caribbean
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Forms are a thing of the past.

    Clickable phone number link is the new form

    Mobile users now make up over 70% of the US market and it is as high as 90% in other countries.

    Attachment 2705
    Cellphones and smartphones became soooo working class.

    Smartphones are killing Americans, but nobody’s counting
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...cid=spartandhp

    How many of the 70% in USA and 90% elsewhere die because they want to work while driving? Is that kind of hurried work really important?
    (John to himself; do I really need to know? I shall NEVER work while driving, not even if I hire a private driver!)
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

  4. #34
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Cellphones and smartphones became soooo working class.
    Smartphones are killing Americans, but nobody’s counting
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...cid=spartandhp

    How many of the 70% in USA and 90% elsewhere die because they want to work while driving? Is that kind of hurried work really important?
    (John to himself; do I really need to know? I shall NEVER work while driving, not even if I hire a private driver!)

    The technology exists to disable all mobile communication (exuding 911 emergency calls) when the device is in motion.

    It will take the death of a president's child for this to happen, but it will.

    I foresee in the not too distant future that cell phones will require a license just like driving and will not work unless barometrically linked to the user (i.e. not your fingerprint that is licensed to the device, no phone)

    It's coming but it will take a major death of a child of a prominent political person for it to happen

    .
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

  5. #35
    Senior Member Beach Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Beach Ape,
    Do you want this post deleted too?

    http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...-Forum-Account
    Just the posting diarrhea you put out would be nice so getting to real information would be easier. I still remain open to deletion but it's continued existence is an invitation that I will use in moderation.
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 10-23-2017 at 06:33 PM.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Since_v4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Caribbean
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Ape View Post
    Just the posting. iarrhea you put out would be nice so getting to real information would be easier. I still remain open to deletion but it's continued existence is an invitation that I will use in moderation.
    I saw this post but I have not read it. :-)

  7. #37
    Senior Member Since_v4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Caribbean
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    The technology exists to disable all mobile communication (exuding 911 emergency calls) when the device is in motion.

    It will take the death of a president's child for this to happen, but it will.

    I foresee in the not too distant future that cell phones will require a license just like driving and will not work unless barometrically linked to the user (i.e. not your fingerprint that is licensed to the device, no phone)

    It's coming but it will take a major death of a child of a prominent political person for it to happen.
    Hi Mike,

    Cell & smart phones have become the tools of laborers / working class.
    Text while driving, talk while walking or driving have become the symbol of mentally agitated people because of greater and greater crowd pressures.

    As for the barometrically linked syndrome, I agree.
    Since 2006 I said that computers must have a set of inbuilt difficult questions.
    Not answered correctly, and voila, the PC does not boot up because it shows the user is in an agitated, destructive and / or criminal mode.

    To me, I go to the PC like I go to church.
    Yes, often times I irritate people but that's my way of letting the steam off, taking a break, from I am actually doing with the PC.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Since_v4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Caribbean
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    I took another look at Mobirise but still don't feel it's for me....

    I DID happen to stumble upon a name that I had not heard of.....uKit.
    Terrific reviews..see:https://superbwebsitebuilders.com/ukit-review/
    and https://mmthomasblog.com/ukit-review/

    I've always said I prefer to pay outright for a product - and they do charge monthly. However their top package is just US$12/month if taken annually, so that's not a huge deal.
    With that you get full access to edit using html/css/js etc and live chat support.

    The only downside I see initially is that the image options are virtually non existent - but maybe I can use external product for those if needed.
    Certainly going to evaluate this one and will come back on it.

    Still like Template Toaster, but support have not yet replied to my list of bugs in their Beta version.
    Still to evaluate CC Responsive Site Designer. Cannot download successfully it seems to complete at 190mb(!!) yet then fails. No response from CC.
    Hi gprit,

    uKit is nice, but not for me. It's nice to have live support (and everything uKit advertises at the website) but I do not offer my customers such services.
    Paying $10 / month is a lot. I pay $6 / year to a hosting reseller in India and my websites are hosted in USA.

    I am amazed how many WYSIWYG software's flooded the Net lately ... Incredible ... Tough competition out there ...

    Thank you for pointing us to other web design packages! :-)
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

  9. #39
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Hi Mike,

    Cell & smart phones have become the tools of laborers / working class.
    Text while driving, talk while walking or driving have become the symbol of mentally agitated people because of greater and greater crowd pressures.

    As for the barometrically linked syndrome, I agree.
    Since 2006 I said that computers must have a set of inbuilt difficult questions.
    Not answered correctly, and voila, the PC does not boot up because it shows the user is in an agitated, destructive and / or criminal mode.

    To me, I go to the PC like I go to church.
    Yes, often times I irritate people but that's my way of letting the steam off, taking a break, from I am actually doing with the PC.


    Moved from desktop to laptop to smart phone now onto a watch. Email, browser, phone, and a LOT more.

    Smart phones are so yesterday.

    Samsung G2 gear watch. Not quite ready for prime time but they are getting more powerful with each new release

    Last edited by gotFusion; 10-24-2017 at 03:30 AM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    France...ex UK
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Seems to me this thread has degenerated somewhat.
    I'll try and stick to the point.
    Have looked at (ok, tried) uKit and have found that again it's not for me. Why?:
    1) It's online development only - When I am in France I have a monthly usage of 42gb upload/month.
    2) Cannot amend just the mobile version.
    3) Cannot save to desktop and it seems backups are once a week.
    4) Must be hosted with uKit - cannot choose your own host (this seems the case with very many products, although TT and Mobirise can host anywhere).
    4) email forwarding is not included.

    Shame because it looked quite promising.
    Template Toaster is still the frontrunner ...IF I can get a version without all the obvious bugs.
    Taking another look (metaphorically) at Coffee Cup RSD. Certainly looks the most comprehensive and they have an excellent manual, but also I think the steepest learning curve (I also don't wont to go adding my own Divs/Classes(!).

    Will continue my travails....so many out there these days.
    Last edited by gprit; 10-24-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •