Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pardon me if it sounds silly but ...

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Seems to me this thread has degenerated somewhat.
    I'll try and stick to the point.
    Have looked at (ok, tried) uKit and have found that again it's not for me. Why?:
    1) It's online development only - When I am in France I have a monthly usage of 42gb upload/month.
    2) Cannot amend just the mobile version.
    3) Cannot save to desktop and it seems backups are once a week.
    4) Must be hosted with uKit - cannot choose your own host (this seems the case with very many products, although TT and Mobirise can host anywhere).
    4) email forwarding is not included.

Shame because it looked quite promising.
    Template Toaster is still the frontrunner ...IF I can get a version without all the obvious bugs.
    Taking another look (metaphorically) at Coffee Cup RSD. Certainly looks the most comprehensive and they have an excellent manual, but also I think the steepest learning curve (I also don't wont to go adding my own Divs/Classes(!).

Will continue my travails....so many out there these days.
    Hi gprit,

You hit the nail on the head!
    Thank you very much!

I do not mind learning a new piece of software but I wonder: will my new websites done with the steep learning software bring me more $, will I grow younger, will women kill one another for me, will I be more intelligent, OR WILL I HAVE JUST WASTED MY TIME?

I know my answer: NO, IT WON'T, but I really want your answers, my friends NOFists!

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Moved from desktop to laptop to smart phone now onto a watch. Email, browser, phone, and a LOT more.

Smart phones are so yesterday.

Samsung G2 gear watch. Not quite ready for prime time but they are getting more powerful with each new release

Hi Mike,

You are someone I respect, but please do not tell me you do programming on the new wrist watch or host websites in it, do you?

Look what Steve says about smartphone.
    Run searches for the title below. I could not get the link pasted in here.

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak: iPhone X is the first iPhone I won't buy on 'day one

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...rading-iphone/
    Last edited by Since_v4; 10-25-2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post
    Hi Mike,

You are someone I respect, but please do not tell me you do programming on the new wrist watch or host websites in it, do you?
    No, you need a full size keyboard to write code.

There is a difference between someone who creates content and someone who consumes content.

Most consumers of content will use the easiest, laziest way of getting only what they need or want.

The current crop of watches are not browser friendly with only 320x320 displays and no main stream browsers for them (yet), just apps. As far as phone, email, and text messaging they are the equal to a smart phone.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    No, you need a full size keyboard to write code.

There is a difference between someone who creates content and someone who consumes content.

Most consumers of content will use the easiest, laziest way of getting only what they need or want.

The current crop of watches are not browser friendly with only 320x320 displays and no main stream browsers for them (yet), just apps. As far as phone, email, and text messaging they are the equal to a smart phone.
    Hello Mike,

Ha, ha, ha, how nice would be for the world's 7+ billion people to understand this concept: there is a difference between someone who creates content and someone who consumes content well.

I see the watches here in the island where I live but they are "expensive" and the locals with their national average salary of US$600 / month cannot afford them ... but everybody asks to inspect them up close in the store ...

I do not have one. There are many people here with smartphones who text and walk on the street who bump into me many times. I wonder what would happen if everybody had those watches texting or emailing on them all day long.

Maybe I have to travel to another planet! It's getting crazier and crazier here where everybody struggles not to come on top but to survive at 3rd world country level ...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/found...193346724.html
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Watches are an interim step to the future which will be full functioning heads-up displays that will allow the user to control all that they now can with a powerful desktop machine. The high rez holographic display will be controlled by eye movement and facial gestures. Just like today's fighter pilot selects their weapons a web surfer will Google with the same effortless gestures
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I have moved to mobirise and my site looks ok in phone, tablet and desktop
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/
    Thanks Anton for your pointer to an update ( move from) NOF 2015. As you say $60 for the Code editor makes this a cheap but effective product for Responsive sites.

Quote Originally Posted by garglo View Post
    Thanks Anton for your pointer to an update ( move from) NOF 2015. As you say $60 for the Code editor makes this a cheap but effective product for Responsive sites.
    I had to make a move because my site was losing rankings because it was not mobile friendly, now it is climbing again

the lack of response from Nof people indicates that Nof15 will not be updated, so every day one waits, is a wasted day

if you test my site at https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly it will pass the test with flying colors
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 10-28-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Hi Anton - interestingly, so do sites made with desktop version/mobile version using NOF, with the addition of a couple of lines html at the start.
    see: http://www.libertybs.co.uk (my own site)
    and http://www.parkwoodchiropractic.co.uk

yes, but you constantly need to update two sites instead of one