Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pardon me if it sounds silly but ...

install the software, then go to themes and extensions, then you see the prices. All you need is the code editor, $60

additional M4 themes range from $19 to $29, but you can modify the included theme to anything you like, so you don't need to buy any themes
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...Anton-0131.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    install the software, then go to themes and extensions, then you see the prices. All you need is the code editor, $60

additional M4 themes range from $19 to $29, but you can modify the included theme to anything you like, so you don't need to buy any themes
    Thank you Anton for taking the time to reply.

I feel strange to realize I look for novelty but smtg pulls me back to my copy of NOF 2013 ... :-)

Been away at a conference for a few days so just catching up. Anton - great looking site - like it a lot. How long did it take you to create it? You have quite a lot of pages there.

it took me three days to copy text from Nof to new site and add the images and now I just fine tune here and there

it is way simpler than Nof after a few days of using it, you can alter the code much more than you could in Nof, so you can do anything really

Here is a screenshot 100% identical situation.
    Look at URL, the image is on the right.
    Well, as you know NOF is not responsive. SO, websites are designed to meet the most popular resolution (even on new machines) of 1366 x 768. Seems to me that you are viewing it on 1024 x 768, which hasn't been among the most popular since 2012.

Until I decide WHICH responsive design software to go with I will continue to design to the mass audience.
    The mobile version works fine.
    Last edited by gprit; 10-20-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Well, as you know NOF is not responsive. SO, websites are designed to meet the most popular resolution (even on new machines) of 1366 x 768. Seems to me that you are viewing it on 1024 x 768, which hasn't been among the most popular since 2012.

Until I decide WHICH responsive design software to go with I will continue to design to the mass audience.
    The mobile version works fine.
    Gprit, thank you for enlightening me!

I always bow with respect to someone who knows more about NOF than me ....

PS: you are right, I use the resolution you mentioned.
    Gprit, you too are a wizard web master whose mastery I envy ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Been away at a conference for a few days so just catching up. Anton - great looking site - like it a lot. How long did it take you to create it? You have quite a lot of pages there.
    Frank,

What do you think you're doing? You seem to be highjacking my thread, aren't you?

And ... I bet the conference was NOT about the NOF new responsive software release ... or ... was it?
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Hello Anton,

Only now I was able to look at your Mobirise screenshot on a real PC.
    For the past several weeks I only used my 4+ years old smartphone which is the cheapest I could find at that time and now became obsolete and gives me trouble.

Thank you for your help!

NOF2013 keeps calling me back telling me to use what I know best, not to venture out for now and NOT to spend good $$$ on new softwares, hopes and passing dreams when I really do not have to ...

I have moved to mobirise and my site looks ok in phone, tablet and desktop
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/

Hello Anton,

I went to your website https://www.videoproductions.com.au/index.html to see it on a PC and ... I am shocked.
    Not even 1 (one) web form, just for Jesus' sake?
    What was going on in Australia when you put the website up?

I bet the conference was NOT about the NOF new responsive software release ... or ... was it?
    It was a ministry conference on becoming a mission focussed church. Nothing to do with the web.

Not even 1 (one) web form, just for Jesus' sake?
    Why would a web form be for Jesus' sake? Surely it's for the sake of the web site owner??