Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compatible with the latest version of PHP?

Default Compatible with the latest version of PHP?

My hosting package (Fasthosts) tells me 'You currently have web hosting packages that use a version of PHP that is end of support. We recommend you review the compatibility of your websites with the latest available version of PHP and upgrade these sites soon.' I'm not technical, know nothing about scripting, and this means nothing to me. I just have one website, made with Net Objects Fusion 10, and I don't know how I can find out whether it is compatible with the latest version of PHP. I hope someone can help me with this.

Ask them to place you on a cloudLinux machine running cPanel version 65 or newer.

Then you can choose which version of PHP you need, not be stuck with what they have installed

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Ask them to place you on a cloudLinux machine running cPanel version 65 or newer.

Then you can choose which version of PHP you need, not be stuck with what they have installed

Thank you. But I don't think this answers what I require. Fasthosts tell me that I'm currently on PHP version 5.2. I want to simply click the 'Change PHP version' button on Fasthosts website, but I'm afraid to do that because I'm supposed to check first that my website, made with Net Objects Fusion 10, is compatible with the latest version of PHP. I hoped someone would tell me how I would find out that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryRose View Post
    Thank you. But I don't think this answers what I rexquire. Fasthosts tell me that I'm currently on PHP version 5.2. I want to simply click the 'Change PHP version' button on Fasthosts website, but I'm afraid to do that because I'm supposed to check first that my website, made with Net Objects Fusion 10, is compatible with the latest version of PHP. I hoped someone would tell me how I would find out that it is.

Fusion 10 is very very old. It was current when windows XP was the current operating system. Are you still using windows xp?

You cannot honestly expect Fusion 10 to write code that did not exist for 11 years after it was created can you?

You need to make your server's version of PHP match the old code written by your old software.

You can upgrade to the latest version but even that will not write PHP 7 compatible code so you will still be faced with matching the server's PHP version to the code that is generated even by Fusion 2015..

As an alternative you can find some complaint php processing code for your forms and use that instead of the code that Fusion writes. I am sure everyone is talking about forms processing as that is just about all Fusion 10 can do in PHP.

https://codecanyon.net/item/email-wi...l5-php/4298991

As another alternative you can use an external forms processing site to handle your form to email processing and not use PHP at all on your site.

https://www.123contactform.com/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Fusion 10 is very very old. It was current when windows XP was the current operating system. Are you still using windows xp?

You cannot honestly expect Fusion 10 to write code that did not exist for 11 years after it was created can you?

You need to make your server's version of PHP match the old code written by your old software.

You can upgrade to the latest version but even that will not write PHP 7 compatible code so you will still be faced with matching the server's PHP version to the code that is generated even by Fusion 2015..

As an alternative you can find some complaint php processing code for your forms and use that instead of the code that Fusion writes. I am sure everyone is talking about forms processing as that is just about all Fusion 10 can do in PHP.

https://codecanyon.net/item/email-wi...l5-php/4298991

As another alternative you can use an external forms processing site to handle your form to email processing and not use PHP at all on your site.

https://www.123contactform.com/
    Thanks again, gotFusion, for trying to help. I'm using Windows 10. This is all far too technical for me. Perhaps I should have said that my website is simply a memorial to my son which just has a menu with links to the various pages. It is just for others to look at, not for interacting with forms or emails or anything. I found it complicated to do and it took me a long time to make it because I'm not experienced in this and, once it was finished, I breathed a sigh of relief thinking I wouldn't have to do anything with it again and it would just be there for ever provided I paid the domain and hosting fee. I think I might just leave it. Perhaps making a blog would be simpler.
    Last edited by RosemaryRose; 10-20-2017 at 08:21 AM. Reason: I left something out.

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Hi,

my opinion - this is unreal. We are talking about this since years and nothing happened. NOF is just not working with PHP 5.6 or higher. With PHP 7 none of the php components from NOF are working anymore. They use php code which is years old and not valid anymore. It is no solution to use older php-versions - because this is not save and a lot of providers just turn older versions off.

NOF seems to be dead now, because nothing is done what must be done.
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

If it's just a memorial site with no user interaction or server side processing, why would you need to use php at all? Just do the whole site in html.

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryRose View Post
    Thanks again, gotFusion, for trying to help.

I should have said that my website is simply a memorial to my son which just has a menu with links to the various pages.
    I would be surprised if there is any php code given your explanation.

Can you post a link?

Without being able to view the content you will only get guesses and wrong information.

If there is no PHP code there you do not need to do anything.

The only way to tell is for you to show us the site so we can examine it to see if you need to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    If it's just a memorial site with no user interaction or server side processing, why would you need to use php at all? Just do the whole site in html.
    Thanks, franko. I never knew I was using php, or even would have known what php was, and similarly with html. I just followed the instructions from Net Objects Fusion.

I would be surprised if there is any php code given your explanation.

Can you post a link?

Without being able to view the content you will only get guesses and wrong information.

If there is no PHP code there you do not need to do anything.

The only way to tell is for you to show us the site so we can examine it to see if you need to do anything.
    Thank you, gotFusion, and for your offer of letting you examine the site. As it happens I've now had someone look at my website and he's told me there is no PHP in it. So it seems that the problem is solved.