Thread: I defence of NOF.....

Default I defence of NOF.....

Sorry if this is more of a blog than a brief comment....

We all seem to be looking for the ultimate Responsive website builder.

Among others, I’ve been trying out (the free) Mobirise in a bit more depth, firstly because it comes recommended and secondly I have a prospective client who has seen a site he likes which looks like the current trend for websites.

Mobirise Forums – two of them – many questions, few answers that do not involve using the Code Editor ($69 addon) to resolve the issue. Even simple things like extending an image across blocks. Also, once a building ‘block’ has been edited using this editor you cannot go back and use the Mobirise functions – you have to make any other changes to that block using the code editor.
    Huh? I thought these builders were largely ‘no coding’!

You still have to tweak the desktop version to get the mobile version looking right and you CANNOT change just the mobile version from the generated version.

Changing CSS code in NOF is very much simpler – there is a nice menu with lots of little boxes to specify z-index etc...no need to worry that you may accidentally delete a character or foul up the coding structure. Similarly inserting html in NOF is so much simpler (and it’s not just a case of ‘being used to it’)
    I have not come across one builder that actually presents a visual heirachical structure of the site (which I find useful) – only Net Objects Fusion.

NOF is far easier and more intuitive to use, and, Steve, if you do occasionally read this forum I think you and your team did a great job and can be very proud with the 2015 version- although of course not responsive, a mobile website can easily be built. Changes are a problem (two versions) but how often do my clients actually change the content of their website?? They usually have a Facebook feed on them, prices and menus are usually via pdf download

So, to summarise
    • I will use Mobirise where clients want identikit websites to everyone else.
    • This may change to Template Toaster as I slowly get the bugs ironed out - it is more like NOF...and IS responsive.
    • I will explore CC Resposive Site Designer more fully when I get more time
    • I will continue to use NOF for most of my websites!

One thing Steve if you are reading this, it’s been asked many times.....just let us know if there is a NOF Responsive product in the pipeline...we’ll wait. If not just let us know – we can accept that!

pd...Thread Title should read 'In defence of NOF.....' !!!
    Last edited by gprit; 10-28-2017 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typo

Feel free to discuss anything.

This forum has pretty much degraded into a free for all chat venue.

I am just here removing the spambots which make up 80% of the forums posts and activity.

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    One thing Steve if you are reading this, it’s been asked many times.....just let us know if there is a NOF Responsive product in the pipeline...we’ll wait. If not just let us know.
    If you want to see the forum activity of members all you need to do is go to their profile page. There it lists the last time they visited.

Owner: http://forums.netobjects.com/member....ve-Raubenstine

NetO support:

http://forums.netobjects.com/member.php?5-Janos

http://forums.netobjects.com/member.php?1-Mike

http://forums.netobjects.com/member.php?3-Adam

When I see such minimal activity (some inactive for years) I have to wonder how much longer this site will stay online.

So just have a good time until the lights go out

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Agree almost completely

I have tried, Dreamweaver (very hard and not intuitive at all) Xara, and Uncle Tom Cobley and all! it seems!

Each time I come back to Net Objects, why do I try elsewhere? Because NOF is sooooo easy I keep thinking there must be an even better one somewhere! THERE ISN'T! Believe me.

If you want to build a website and publish it in 30 minutes or less NOF is the tool, if you want to spend weeks tweaking it and messing about with the code then NOF is the tool.

Sorry if this sounds like a blog, but there might be some newbie somewhere who would like to be re-assured......

Cannot wait for ver 16. and I started on ver 7!

There won't be a ver 16 as it's already the end of 2017. We can only hope and pray that there may be a 2018.

Well, this doesn't look promising:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LinkedIn.png 
Views:	313 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	2713
    Last edited by RayC; 10-30-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Well, this doesn't look promising:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LinkedIn.png 
Views:	313 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	2713
    software companies of this (tiny) size don't work with employees but with freelancers and outsourced manpower. what else can it be when product A is sold for 29,98 $ and product B is given away for free in the hope that some "themes" and "plugins" are bought? BTW not much traffic on the Koken help board lately...

P.S. the last post in the company blog "Published 9 months ago" states: "Koken v0.22.16 adds search to Premium themes."
    Last edited by Peter; 10-30-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Why not use www.koken.me instead of Mobirise?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

I too defended NOF and I feel bad to even discuss other wysiwyg software packages on a forum where we all are guests (and buyers of) of NOF ...
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

I think NOF has lost any loyalty it had from us, due to the fact that no-one from NOF has bothered to inform us of what's going on!!!

Is the product dead or not??

Quote Originally Posted by warrenr View Post
    I think NOF has lost any loyalty it had from us, due to the fact that no-one from NOF has bothered to inform us of what's going on!!!

Is the product dead or not??

I don't know about dead but it is defiantly obsolete

Should they decide to come out with a product that meets current needs/requirements I am sure that they will make more than enough $$$ from old time users flocking back even if all have to pay full retail (i.e. not offer an upgrade option)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz