Thread: Is there a simple way to prevent the url for a page to display after a page is loaded

Default Is there a simple way to prevent the url for a page to display after a page is loaded

Is a simple way to force someone to go into a Net Objects page to click a link to go to another page or site by not seeing the url in the browser address. I am trying to hide the url so users can't go directly to a page or site bypassing the NOF page? I had seen a way to do this kind of thing but can't seem to remember how to do it.

Any one have any ideas. I am trying to avoid a log in page to keep people out.

Further Information:

Net Objects site will function as a portal to go to other sites which have my web applications. I want everyone to go through the portal site to get to everything else. I am concerned with one site which is a chat room site. I don't want people to get into it from the outside to set up shop for drug deals, perverts luring kids, or prostitution. Users would have to go through the portal to a pass worded forum site which would contain the links to the other pages or sites. This is the simplest way I can think of to keep every thing hidden except for users who have registered and have been verified by their identity to at least some secure level to get into the forum site.

There might be other links that are not pass worded but are in normal NOF pages, hidden to some degree.

I have no problem using in line sites or pages within NOF pages either even though they are not recommended I will use them anyway.
    Last edited by richs; 10-31-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    Is a simple way to force someone to go into a Net Objects page to click a link to go to another page or site by not seeing the url in the browser address. I am trying to hide the url so users can't go directly to a page or site bypassing the NOF page? I had seen a way to do this kind of thing but can't seem to remember how to do it.
    Check out your hosting company help files - you can probably use a 'framed' page as opposed to a redirect for any particular website.
    A 'Framed' site will always show the original address in the browser, but keep in mind this will not prevent savvy users from still seeing where your linked pages etc. are actually going.

I think I may have figured it out. I have not tried it yet, but it might work. Instead of using an Internet domain and ip address, I will use a local domain that resolves to a local ip which is 198.168.x.x for the chat room. The NOF site will be on the Internet as usual. The NOF site and chatroom are on the same server but different ports. If I put the chat room into the NOF site using in line frames, it should work. I did something like this about 10 years ago and it worked. Any body outside my local network can't get to the local network. They can only get to the NOF site directly. This is possible since I have my own web, DNS, and other servers. I don't use a hosting company.
    Last edited by richs; 11-01-2017 at 12:48 AM.