Thread: NOF 3 to 5 upgrade to 11 upgrade wish to install on WIN 7 64-bit

Default NOF 3 to 5 upgrade to 11 upgrade wish to install on WIN 7 64-bit

I have an ancient NOF 3 (yup..OLD customer) which was upgraded to 5, and much later to 11, running on XP Pro SP 3 (32-bit) and now wish to migrate to Win 7 Pro, 64-bit. Should I anticipate any hickeys loading 3 first so that loading 11 finds it...or what? Will 11 run fine on Win 7, 64-bit? I ask because I tried to load an older AutoCAD on the 64-bit and the attempt resulted in some corruption of Win 7 64-bit files, so better to ask other advice before charging ahead! I also have 2015, uninstalled, but that's another issue for another day. 11 works fine for me.

I've run NoF 7, 8, 10, 11, 13 and 15 on a 64 bit Win 7 system, all together and without any issues. Just don't go to win 10 or you may run into problems.

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

... you should not use such an old software and regular support for Windows 7 is already terminated since 2015, extend support will end in January 2020.

I have NOF13 and NOF15 running on Windows 10 without any problem.
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

I have no use for windows 10 - bloatware crap. I run both Windows XP and 7 in a virtual machine on my mac, windows 7 on an old but powerful laptop. I see no reason at all to go with windows 10 at all. I only run win 7 so I can run NoF, have no other need for it. I still run XP because I have some old 8-bit programs I still want to run. Both win 7 and XP will be fine for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I have no use for windows 10 - bloatware crap. I run both Windows XP and 7 in a virtual machine on my mac, windows 7 on an old but powerful laptop. I see no reason at all to go with windows 10 at all. I only run win 7 so I can run NoF, have no other need for it. I still run XP because I have some old 8-bit programs I still want to run. Both win 7 and XP will be fine for years to come.
    Thanks. I will load 3, then 11, as it is an upgrade needs to see afull version. Meanwhile I will keep it running nicely on my XP Pro 32-bit which, by the way, is still my preferred OS. Familiar GUI, rock solid. Oh, well.

A Fusion upgrade version will ask for a previous version serial number if it doesn't find one installed.

In most cases, no need to actually install the old version.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks for the reply!!!

Excellente!!! Thanks.