Thread: NOF 15 - Win 10 (x64) Installs but will not run???

Default NOF 15 - Win 10 (x64) Installs but will not run???

Hi all,

I've been using NOF for many years and I've had NOF 15 for nearly a year now and just can't get it to run on Windows 10 (x64) on my Dell Precision M6800.

NOF 13 was originally installed and when I first upgraded to NOF 15 that ran too - however, I guess after a windows update soon after my upgrade - NOF 15 will no longer run.
    I've un-installed and re-installed on several occasions through the year - hoping a fix had been created - but nothing!
    So, now I am stuck - I need to update my website - but I can't!

Anyone have a solution?

Otherwise - can anyone suggest a similar product to NOF - my last hope is to buy from a competitor!

Thanks,

Kev

As in other threads it says NOF was not designed to run on WIN10. Having said that, I and others have happily used it on that O/s without issues (although I use WIN8 for my needs). Best to steer clear of WIN10 if you can - forced updates you have NO control over cause many problems.

Now then - what Anti-Virus do you run? Let me guess....Bit Defender??
    Disable anti-virus.....remove all remnants completely if you can.
    Uninstall NOF15 and then a complete re-install.
    Re-enable Anti-virus. May be prudent to set NOF file as whitelisted or whatever in your anti virus, although I've never done that.

Hi,
    Thanks, I'm using COMODO - I disable antivirus when installing software - but I'll give it a go, I'll let you know if it works.

Regards,

Kev

One other thing......

Does anyone know if NetObjects still developing NOF?

NOF 15 was released in 2015 - I think?

Would have thought that a WIN 10 version would be out there by now - if they are still developing NOF????

Kev

Your guess is as good as anybody's. Nof 2015 was indeed released in 2015 which is the reason it's called NoF 2015. Netobjects never give any indication of a new releases or even if they're working on a new release until the day they actually release it. There is a beta testers group (of which I am a member) but all members of that are signed to NDAs so couldn't say anything anyway).

Without any knowledge at all, my gut feeling is that development resources are going into koken rather than Fusion. Certainly support requests are answered promptly for Koken by Team Netobjects whereas I can't remember a support request being answered by a Team Netobjects member here for at least a couple of years.

Hi Franko,
    Thanks for the insight.

What is KOKEN?
    A quick google doesn't show much detail??

Thanks,,
    Kev

Koken.me. It's a cloud application owned by Netobjects. I use it for my photography site. If you look at the Netobjects Announcements forum (at the top of the forums list when you log in) you'll see an announcement about Koken's acquisition by Netobjects.

I've had occasion to contact Netobjects support for Koken a couple of times and response both times was fast and helpful, which indicates to me they're more interested in developing Koen than Fusion.