Thread: No Local Publish folder created

Default No Local Publish folder created

I cannot Local Publish my site.

I am using NO F 15 with Windows 10.

The site is www.gosportjazz.org.uk and is updated every two weeks building on the previous version. The update always follows the same pattern of several text entries on various pages plus the addition of a new Photo Gallery onto a page which already contains several similar Photo Galleries. In Publish > Settings I always add the Local Publish folder to the new User Site if have created for the update.

Update on 16 Nov was achieved OK but when I Local Published I got the following message at the end of the attempt.

"Local Publish Results
    There were 2 errors.

Can't copy file: C:\Users\Gosport Jazz Club\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\GJC 16-11-17\Assets\imagelightbox.js
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Can't copy file: C:\Users\Gosport Jazz Club\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\GJC 16-11-17\Assets\nof-imagelightbox.js
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.”

When I closed that message the site opened as usual in the web browser and appeared to be OK.

However, when I tried to upload the site to my ISP I found that a Local Publish folder had not been created in the User Site.

Instead of the usual folders and files in the User Site:
    Assets
    Autosave
    Local Publish
    Preview
    Styles
    plus the .nod file

The User Site contained:
    Assets
    Autosave
    html
    Preview
    Recovery
    shims
    Styles
    plus all the files normally contained in the Local Publish folder.

I made several attempts creating new User Sites each time via 'Save As', using the previous site build. No difference and no success. No other applications were open at the time I locally published so I cannot understand that the error message says "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I updated NO F but found I was already on Version 15.00.0000.1050.

I updated Java to Version 8 Update 151, since the two files stated in the error message are evidently Javascript files. Again no difference or success.

I then checked another site I build with NO F 15 which has a similar structure. This has recently been updated successfully. When I checked the contents of the Assets of that site neither of the two files mentioned in the error message (ie. imagelightbox.js and nof-imagelightbox.js) were present so I deleted them from the Assets of the Gosport Jazz site.

I then tried publishing www.gosportjazz.org.uk but there was no difference (except I got no Error message) and no Local Publish folder was created.

So I started to upload the Assets folder to the internet direct from the User Site folder (instead of the usual Local Publish folder but that upload contained over 17,000 (seventeen thousand) items instead of the usual 2,000 so I stopped that upload.

Please advise

How do I raise a ticket for this problem?

Re-set the location.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chooseLocalPub.gif 
Views:	229 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	2719
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz