Thread: Spacing between paragraphs doesn't obey style rules

Unhappy Spacing between paragraphs doesn't obey style rules

Hi folks
    I'm a newbie with NOF but understand the basics of CSS and style inheritance. Here's what's happening:
    I create a text box and type a few paragraphs. A check of the HTML shows that they're straight <P> blocks, apart from the last which has <p style="margin-bottom: 0px;">. When I preview the page, there are large gaps between the paragraphs. If I set margin-bottom to 5px, the gap is OK.
    Obviously, I don't want to edit every paragraph, so I go into the CSS. BODY has margin-bottom set to 5px by default, and P is undefined, so inherits it. I set the P margin-bottom to 5, but still get large gaps between <P> paragraphs. I've used the "clear" button" to remove my formatting in the paragraph text, and checked the HTML, but can't seem to get the look I want, unless I set it explicitly on each paragraph.
    There's no indication that my paragraphs are a sub-style with a different setting, so what's going on?
    Any ideas?

This does not work for me. Anything else to look for?

Ken

Where are you setting/amending your style definitions? You should set all styles in Styles->Manage Styles. I always do this before starting on a site.

Quote Originally Posted by T84a View Post
    This does not work for me. Anything else to look for?
    works perfect here, can you explain which part does not work? to test, after making settings I mentioned, create a new text box and type some text, does it work?

maybe you already manually formatted the text, if so, select all and clear any existing formatting