Thread: Is this a scam?

Default Is this a scam?

There's an increase in recent support posts seemingly of a rudimentary nature. Is this technology is so far behind that you're taking money from people that basic free builders can satisfy?

I understand old hacks still nursing sites with old customers with no impetus towards time and money to meet today's reality - but it is a very interesting question to newbs that decide to spend money here - what the H is your criteria?

NOF is the best web site creation software out here. All the other NEW software is nothing more than a hack to produce new smaller web sites for mobile devices where a lot of site designs will never work well on. That's the scam. Responsive sites don't work with all kinds of necessary site designs. Some sites must be viewed on a PC with a big screen. They simply won't display on a small screen. This forum is one example. And all those other's addicted to mobile devices that demand everything be viewable on their phones are going to loose that battle before it starts.

I will never give up NOF as long as the software has code that will run on a current browser. Those are the kind of sites I make. You can't compress a bolder into a hand held rock.

When wrist watches were first made, everybody probably predicted the demise of the wall or desk clocks. I have at least a dozen big clocks in my house today. I only have 1 wrist watch. So much for miniaturization taking over the world.

Reality can be a mirage. Seemingly opposite technologies can coexist quite nicely. Can you imagine watching a movie on a watch size screen. Big screen TVs aren't going any where soon.

Desk top computer screens are getting bigger with time not smaller.

Business computers will never be based on smart phones.

NOF lack of support is not really true. NOF is very easy to use if one reads and learns what is in their wiki. The problem is that users refuse to learn and want everything spoon fed to them by someone on a support site. If they read the wiki and actually learned how to use the software they wouldn't need support.

NOF 2015 is only 2 years old. What do people want, a new version of NOF every 3 months?
    Last edited by richs; 11-18-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Beach Apes comments are valid. NOF 2015 is not a state of the art development toll in todays market. Yes NOF was good in its day but for them to still be selling the product and offering no support is criminal!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this thread could run and run......for what it's worth I agree with Richs. So called responsive sites in many cases aren't - and they produce identikit websites. Can't see my clients being happy with a site that looks like a competitor's down the road. I have a number of sites that it simply would not be possible to use 'current trend' software to build (this one http://dragonsdensoftplay.co.uk comes to mind immediately..... Also with virtually every new responsive builder out there you CANNOT change the mobile version alone.

NOF is one of the easiest products to use. You cannot beat a custom made mobile website, with better menu options and buttons - which absolutely CAN be created with NOF2015. Yes, it means if changes are made there are two versions to update but for me, my clients don't change things very often so that's a it I am willing to take - for me it is not too onerous.

I think you need to do you Homework regarding whats out there! There are products that allow you to work on the mobile pages and or the Pc Version without changing the other. While not truly responsive at least you develop the PC version first and then using Breakpoints create the mobile version's sharing and resizing the same Text, images etc. It means that at least everything for one site is in one place rather than having to have two or more completely different, separate projects!

Yes NOF was a good product in its day and yes you can get around some of the Mobile requirements using it, but it requires two or more projects (one for each Breakpoint) for one domain and inserting raw code in order to check screen size etc.

In this day and age with the technology advancing the way it is, using old tech like NOF is going to catch up with you sometime. I like many was concerned about changing products because of the leaning curve. But I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was after using NOF had taught me the basics.

What really makes me anti NOF is the way they have treated those of us who have tried to stay loyal to them. Since the end of 2015 when I think it was Franko first pointed out that Google was going to be rating Mobile Friendly sites higher than none Mobile Friendly and we had all better be prepared, there has been no comment from NOF as to if or when they would be releasing a new product. Even worse they are not answering problems raised on tickets and are leaving it up to members of the forum to try and help those that have problems! What sort of company has such little regard for its (Once) loyal customers??? Yet they are still trying to sell NOF 2015!!!!!!!

There are products that allow you to work on the mobile pages and or the Pc Version without changing the other.
    I would be interested to know which ones. I have been trying out the best reviewed ones.....including:
    1. Bootstrap
    2. WYSIWYG
    3. Website X5
    4. Template Toaster
    5. Coffeecup Responsive Site Designer (RSD)
    6. WIX -
    7. Squarespace
    8. Mobirise -

I have been in touch with their support to ask that very question - they all said not possible except for maybe small tweaks.

Warren - we all have our opinions - that's life.

I agree that we are all entitled to our opinions!

I started using WYSIWYG just over 18 months ago. I really was very surprised how easy it was to learn and there are numerous tutorials including Videos. They also have a very good forum and the guy that designed it (Pablo) is always available to help with problems. New versions to add in features and fix minor problems are released every couple of months (For Free).

You can download the software and try it out before purchase! I have found it at least as good as NOF and it caters for Breakpoints and Responsive design.